Hey Joe guitar cover

Hi All!

It took my a while but I found the courage and time to record myself while playing Hey Joe (ofc. by Jimi Hendrix). I choose this song, cause I was learning it recently + I thought that bass with guitar sounds like a good beginner project for a recording newbie. I have to say it was a lot of fun to record that - I didn’t know anything about setting up the camera, lights or mixing it all together, but somehow I did it :slight_smile: I must admit that I wasn’t aiming for perfection here, but rather I was trying to learn some “101” of the music recording, mixing & mastering technics + overcome fear of playing guitar “in public”. I’ll be happy to hear your opinions!

22 Likes

Whoah Ig ! You might not have been aiming for perfection but you certainly got it! That was fantastic! Funnily enough I had just put down my acoustic after practicing that exact song. And my version shouldn’t be even in the same conversation with yours. Brilliant stuff and thanks for sharing :sunglasses:

1 Like

In your introduction post you say you consider yourself a lower intermediate player… well based on that performance I think you did yourself some injustice with that introduction… that was fantastic and to my eyes and ears above lower intermediate level. Bravo

2 Likes

Awesome. Loved it Jimi :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Ok I’ll do it…. Hey @DogScientific where you going with that rocking’ guitar in your hand….(sorry!)

Absolutely awesome IG, way to knock your first AVOYP out of the park!

1 Like

Wow…awesome. Loved it…:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Brilliant playing lg! Really nailed it! Such a great song. Super impressive! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Impressive, enjoyed!

1 Like

Some good technique there sir. Well done!

1 Like

Fabulous!!

1 Like

Sounded pretty impressive to me, especially for your first AVOYP!

1 Like

That’s a rather cool first AVOYP.
Vibes.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

That was a rockin’ start to my day lg. Quite an entrance to the land of AVoYP! Well done.

1 Like

Aced it Ig! It’s one my Jimi favourites - I loved your fill at 0:20

great stuff!

1 Like

In that case you did a great job production wise! Really dig the camera quality here, well done!

1 Like

Well hot dog, Dog!
That was a good attempt and it is great to hear that one again. Keep up the good work and all the best!
LB

1 Like

Dang! That was good, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

That was fabulous, Ig, great rhythm, feel, tone. And lots to like about the video.

I look forward to more from you.

1 Like

That was pretty impressive for a first AVoYP.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Yeah I guess that maybe I’m too hard on myself, but I can feel the lack of variety and melodic in my jamming skills. Just more practice to do!