Hi all, Els from Belgium joining in!

Hi all,

I followed music theory lessons for 6 years in primary school (it was a mandatory part of primary school education - no free choice there). After that, I wanted to learn to play the guitar, but my mother wasn’t very enthousiastic, believing I wouldn’t keep at it. Knowing my 12 yo self, she was probably right.

Fastforward 35 years (ouch), and at the beginning of this year, out of the blue, that old dream resurfaced. Not being much of a classroom kind of person, I explored the possibilities for self learning en stumbled upon Justin’s website. I decided to go for it, bought a guitar, and excitedly waited for the evening to start my first lesson. Next thing I knew, my back was killing me and there was no way I would be able to pick up that guitar…

So I spent a few weeks just looking at my beautiful guitar (and a week of skiing - it doesn’t have to be all misery). In the meantime, I spent quite a bit of time lurking around here and following a few of Justin’s courses. And this week, I could FINALLY get started on module 1, and I am totally excited about this new journey!

Cheers,

Els

14 Likes

Hi Els,
Welcome and I hope you stay in good guitar playing health and have a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Els

2 Likes

Hello Els, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
47 is a fantastic age to start your guitar journey (it was the same, I started mine :sweat_smile:).
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend and look forward to hearing more from you :smiley:.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Els… enjoy the journey

Dave

2 Likes

Hello Els, welcome to the community. The guitar journey is a wonderful experience. May yours be long and full of surprise.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Els! A journey full with wonders and joy is what I know it’ll be…so what I wish to you is to make treasure of those and overcome the little and big frustrations along the way…and much more than anything else have fun!!

2 Likes

Welcome Els, the main thing is you’ve started even if it’s been a frustrating beginning!
You’ll have a blast, enjoy :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Els!

Great to welcome yet another Belgian in this great Community!

Hope you learn a lot!

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Hello Els and welcome :blush:

1 Like

Hi Els, nice to have you here, welcome! I wish you a good start into your guitar journey. 47 is a good age to start! I think there is more patience and perseverance than in younger years, at least for me :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Hello Els, welcome to JustinGuitar and the community.
You have found the best place to learn and interact with other guitar students.
Enjoy the whole thing and ask if you are unsure or need support in any way.
Cheers
Richard
:slight_smile:

Hi Els,

and very much welcome here. I wish you much joy in your guitar journey.
I had a little chuckle when I saw your pseudonym, Way back, when I was 10 years old, we moved to Belgium, and the primary school we were in was in a little Castle.

Kind regards,

Tjeerd

Els, welcome to the community forum. Having a bad back is an issue to which I can relate. Fortunately I have a series of physical therapy exercises I can do each day. I also use a short chair at the right height for playing now. Have fun while playing the guitar.

Welcome Els, lots of fun to be had, enjoy the journey :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome Els, Sure all those music theory lessons are looked away for good use and will suddenly light up light bulbs as you progress. good luck.

A

Hello Els and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I’m glad to read that you have been able to make a start. Enjoy your adventure.

Hi Els, welcome. All the preparations complete. You can now start learning. Have fun.

Just came upon your post. Glad you rediscovered the desire to learn after only 35 years. I waited 50! I understand back pain, glad you became able to play again.