Hi from Jack in Manitoba, Canada

Hi Everyone,
My name is John, but go by Jack. I am 69 years young this november. I had about 5 lessons when I was 13, but got in hockey and scholl sports. I am trying to learn the guitar. Been about a month and those chord changes kill me. Stretching the fingers is another sore spot. I am not going to give up this time. Any way Hello from Manitoba!!

6 Likes

Welcome Jack, stick at it bud :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome to community jack.
Stick with it. You will see improvement.
Happy playing
Cheers

2 Likes

Hello Jack, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
I started my guitar journey for the very first time last Spring, and yes, at the beginning all this new staff to learn can be quite challenging. But it’s so worth it :heart_eyes:.
Just stick at Justin’s course and you’ll be soon making great progress. And if you have a question or need some advice or motivational words, this wonderful community is the right place for that :grinning:.
I wish you lots of fun along your guitar journey :smiley:.

2 Likes

Hi Jack, good to see you here and welcome!

Yes sir, that’s :100: the spirit needed. All the best with your journey!

1 Like

Greetings from neighboring Minnesota. Chord changes will come. I still remember my shock the first time I realized I had just made a chord change without looking at my fingers.

2 Likes

Hi Jack, I’m Milos from Queensland Australia. Like you I’m in my 60’s and restarted my guitar journey after a 40 something year break. A bit over 18 months ago I met up with some other oldies/retirees who encouraged me to join their band and played my first gig about 11 months ago. I’ve been playing gigs and practicing ever since. Stick with it and I think you will find the sore fingers and wrist(s) are well worth it.

3 Likes

Hey Jack, welcome to the community, great to year from you.

Nicole is spot on with her comment. Stick to it, it’s really worth it.

2 Likes

Hi Jack :slight_smile:
Very nice to meet you!

Yay!! Yas!! That’s the spirit! Won’t be long and it’ll get really fun!
Welcome to the Community :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Jack,
Welcome, and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

I was where you were just 8 months ago and believe me, if you stick at it, you’ll get there!

1 Like

Stick with it!

I’m also in my 60s, and 2 years into my guitar journey. Apparently, around 90% of new guitar players quit within the first year.

Be one of the 10%

1 Like

Hello Jack and welcome. :slight_smile:

Soreness is just par for the course, do keep at it as that does eventually pass.

1 Like

Hello Jack and welcome to the community and JustinGuitar.
In terms of age and determination, you are far from alone: Older guitar students - can 'old dogs' learn new tricks?
Good luck. If you need any help just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like