Hi I'm Chris from Lancashire England

Hello everyone, I’ve been trying to play guitar on and off for years, and gaining vey little progress until I found Justins’ site. I have a luna acoustic and a Squire Strat’ with a positive grid amp.

I still class myself as a total beginner but a mixture of finding this site and being forced into redundancy / retirement means I will have a lot of time to practise so I know my guitar playing will improve.

Always happy to chat to people from other countries, and at this time of evening I should be found in front of the computer, trying to learn some blues and drinking red wine, life doesn’t get better.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum Chris

1 Like

Welcome to the community Chris. Follow Justin’s course and you will certainly progress. What sort of blues are you trying to learn and where are you on Justin’s course?

2 Likes

Great to hear your story, Chris!!!
Keep up the great attitude towards guitar and music!
Music will simply put a lot of beautiful flavor in your life, doesn’t get better, indeed!!!
Welcome!!!

2 Likes

Hi Chris

Welcome to the community, I retired recently and found I have much more time to play guitar, woo hoo! Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Chris,
Welcome and have a lot of fun with playing and learning the right way :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Chris

2 Likes

Hello Chris, a very warm welcome to JustinGuitar and the community.
One person’s redundancy can be another person’s retirement.
Whatever life has thrown at you, and wherever you are, if you now have time to enjoy your musical hobbies then that at least is a good. :slight_smile: Ask if you have any questions.
Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Hello Chris and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about your redundancy. Hopefully learning the guitar will help you forget about such worries for a while.

1 Like

Hello Chris and welcome to our Community! I’m sure music will soothe that forced redundancy feeling! Take the chance to work on yourself and personal growth through learning to play. Enjoy your journey!:blush:

2 Likes

Hi Chris.
I took voluntary redundancy/early retirement nearly 3 years ago now.
I had great plans for my guitar playing but unfortunately due to a combination of real life and being badly organised, I’m probably about 2 years behind where I should be.
Don’t be like me. Put aside 20 minutes or so every day for meaningful practice. Don’t just noodle because you’ll probably end up playing stuff that sounds ok, and not stuff that challenges you and helps you improve.
Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Chris, and lots of success in pursuing your particular Guitar journey!

Tjeerd

2 Likes

Sounds like my kind of plan !! Welcome Chris.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello Chris, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:. Learning to play the guitar can bring so much joy into one’s life (at least, that’s the case for me :slightly_smiling_face:). Enjoy your guitar journey and keep us informed about your progress :smiley:.

2 Likes

Welcome Chris! :wave::grinning:

Right on! Sounds perfect :ok_hand::sweat_smile: Enjoy the journey! :metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Chris, welcome to the community. As others have said, just follow Justin Guitar from the first module (including Module 0) and you will make progress and have fun.

2 Likes

Hi Chris and welcome to the community. You’re in the right place to find help and motivation.

2 Likes

Hi Chris, welcome. It looks you’re enjoying your retirement. Start from level 0 of Justin Guitar lessons (even revisiting how to hold and tune a guitar may be worthy) to refresh, consolidate and improve whatever you had previously learnt. Set learning goals and work on them.

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Welcome you have the perfect opportunity to learn welcome to the site and all the best on your journey.

A

2 Likes