Hi, I'm Kevin from Scotland

Hey, I’ve had a few failed attempts at learning guitar starting in my teens but I haven’t picked a guitar up in anger for quite a few years. I’m 44 now and started out with the site and app. Lots to learn, 3 very sore fingers at the moment but enjoying it immensely!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum Kevin

Welcome Kevin. My fingers can empathise :laughing:

We’re a similar age profile and background so it’d be good to compare notes as your journey unfolds.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Kevin, you’ve come to a great place to learn and experience successful learning (let so many of us here)

1 Like

Hi, I’m Kevin from Spain :sweat_smile:
Welcome mate, you came to the right place, it’s an exciting journey you started.

1 Like

Hi Kevin, I’m a fellow Scot but living south of the border. I’m coming from a very similar background as you and similar age. Wish you all the best with your guitar journey and look forward to following your progress.

1 Like

Hi Kevin, stick at it, it’s worth the pain, I started at the age of 53, 10 years later I’m still loving it.

3 Likes

Hello Kevin and welcome. :slight_smile:

Ahhhh yes, those pesky fingers. That pain should start to go soon now.

1 Like

Welcome Kevin,

it doesn’t matter how many times you drop it and pick it up again, you’ll still progress.

The point is you are enjoying it :guitar:

1 Like

Hi Kev
Iam 70 and started only a few years ago, I was a lot older than you when I started, yes not easy but once you get that first song out you will be hooked, mine was Blowing In The Wind by Dylan.
Hang in you can do it, many happy hours will follow.
Charlie
Hull
England

1 Like

Hi Kevin
Yes… I’ve had a few failed attempts at learning but have got it together a bit in the last few years. But its a great feeling when you can feel hear the improvement… becomes a bit addictive.
All the best
Onda

1 Like

Hi Kevin, I’m Kevin with ancestors from Scotland! Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hi Kevin and welcome.

I am a non-Kevin and your story sounds familiar. Right place, right time, right support system. Alright ! Good to have you onboard.

Cheers

Toby
Sassenach living in Normandie
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Definitely!

Thanks for the warm welcome, tried playing along to a few songs today and while I won’t be signed any time soon I throughly enjoyed it!

1 Like

Welcome to fellow resident of Scotland. I live up in Ullapool.