Hi to you all. I'm Igor, a Belgian living in Hungary

Hi Rogier,
I do use google translate, especially in Hungary, I don’t speak the language yet.
But for studying, I am a little afraid, it will take my focus away.
Maybe it’s because I don’t know anything about music,that makes my think like that. And a little self knowledge.
I’m also looking at the ear training module, since I have absolutely no sense off rhythm.
Actually I started the grade1 module this morning. And I guess it is going to take some time. I know happy birthday, and it’s Dutch counterpart, lang zal hij leven, but it doesn’t come out , Singing the notes, nowhere near it.
But then again, it was the first time i did that.
I guess I wil see where this journey brings me.
Grtz
Igor

1 Like

Hi skinnyt ,
Thx.
In the 30 years I’m on the road now, I never had quiet job like this one, without the stress and time pressure.
Most off the time, there should be, at least 30 minutes I can practice.

1 Like

Hi Igor,
Try try and try again…eventually you will get there with a lot of practice :sunglasses:
Greetings,and never forget the fun of learning this stuff,…

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community! :wink:

Well, comparing living in Hungary and learning the guitar, I’d say the latter is the easier task :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi Jozef, köszönöm
Living in Hungary is not so hard, the language is going to take some time.
So yes, ill probably will play a song, before I can have a decent conversation in Magyarul
Grtz
Igor

1 Like

Hi Igor,
Good to see you here. I hope you have fun learning both Dutch and the guitar.
Nick

2 Likes

Hi Himawari ,
Thx,
Dutch is actually my native language, I’m going to learn Hungarian
Grtz
Igor

1 Like

Hi you all,

Last year I introduced myself here around September, I picked up a guitar course in Dutch, and started to practice.
A little later I found the JustinGuitar course , I found Justin’s way to teach more structured , and started to mix up both courses .

Not long after my introduction, I fell in a depression, it was a long time coming and I couldn’t fight it no more. Had to stop working, even though I struggled on for a while playing guitar, I quit, couldn’t concentrate and didn’t have pleasure anymore.

Since January I’m back on the job, and the guitar still spooked in my head, I had my guitar with me in my truck, and I would sometimes take it, but it didn’t stick.

Until 3 weeks ago, I picked up my guitar one day , made a new account, lost my password, but also figured a new start a new account.

I started back at grade 1 module 1and will progress to module 2 next week .
I’m also gone start with music theory and ear training.

So I’m still a truck driver from Belgium, still living in Hungary, for about a year now, just a year older(54 almost).
Grtz
Igor

15 Likes

Hey Igor. Welcome to this amazing community. Wishing you a most pleasant and smooth guitar journey and in life as well. :heart: :pray:

2 Likes

:pray: thank you

1 Like

Hi Igor, welcome back! Wish you all the best for your mental health and that you can find a way to deal with it. Certainly your guitar will help you a lot, keep on playing and maybe singing…takes a lot of inner tension away. Stay with Justin’s course as it will show you the right way to learn and brings a lot of fun. Greetings!

2 Likes

Hi Igor,
Good to hear from you again, I do remember you.
I have thought of you from time to time since our short conversation and thought back on it with a smile thinking if you played at a parking spot now and then and that instead of folding the guitar around your neck :grin:, your colleagues would sing along with you :sunglasses:…sorry to read that that (the playing of course and not the guitar around the neck thing :laughing:) didn’t happen and that you fell into a depression.
But good to read that you got out and have picked up the guitar again, hopefully there is a nice song in it so that that rotten period has had some sense over a long time…
Good luck have fun and thank you for sharing this,
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

That’s a great comeback Igor.
Thank you for opening up and sharing your experience with us, that can be helpful for everyone.
Stay strong and I’m sure your guitar journey will be very rewarding!

2 Likes

Hello Igor… Welcome back to the community

2 Likes

Hello Igor, so good to hear from you again. I can remember your first introduction, as I’m from Austria - so we are kind of neighbours :hugs:.
I’m sorry to hear, that you had such a hard time. But it’s great that you’ve found a way back, and also to your guitar.
For me, playing guitar is like meditation. I hope, it will help you too, to find joy in your life.
All the best, and I hope to hear from you again :blush:.

3 Likes

Thank you Helen

1 Like

Hey Roger, it’s nice that you remember me.
Playing on the parking lot is gone take some more time.
I have to thank you, because I remembered your story, and it helped me to get back.

2 Likes

Thank you sir

1 Like

Thx Dave🙏

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
I do remember you too.
Besides guitar, I also found meditation and they both help.
Thank you for the kind words :pray:

2 Likes