Hope Dies Last a collab with Richard

Richard’s instrumental, played at the recent OM and posted here Richard’s instrumental

And here’s my vocal.

Here’s the words
Hope Dies Last

Endings they say are beginnings
You’ve gone, we’ve gone, it’s all gone
And my tears are dust trails in the past
Nothing more than echoes are left

Intoxicated by what we thought was living
Compelled by lust and longing
Looking for love in the shadows
Oh love, you are a liar

Hope dies last
Hope dies last
Hope dies, it dies last

Endings they say are beginnings
You’ve gone, we’ve gone, it’s all gone
And my tears are dust trails in the past
Nothing more than echoes are left

Hope dies last
Hope dies last
Hope dies, it dies last

Where do I look for you
What do you hold for me
Where will you lead me
Will there be more

Where do I look for you
What do you hold for me
Where will you lead me
There has to be more

Hope dies last
Hope dies last
Hope

16 Likes

Hi Maggie,
And Richard @Richard_close2u (other way around now than 2 hours ago :smile:)

What a perfect way to discover this song, first the instrumental version and then this one with you Maggie … absolutely amazing and I really have to add that it gets even nicer this way and makes it clearer what kind of musician you have underneath made Richard really great .

And for me a super good example that 1+1=3

:sunglasses::sunglasses::clap: :clap: :clap::man_bowing: :man_bowing: :rose: :bouquet:

Thanks for sharing Maggie loved it … missed you x

Greetings :butterfly:

2 Likes

Hey Maggie, long time no hear! Hope all is good (pun intended) with you.
Wow that was a blast from the past. Great stuff. How’s about a learning log update as to what’s happening with you. I for one am missing you on the forum.

1 Like

Hi Maggie,

beautifil, just beautiful! :heart_eyes: :clap:

Coming from the instrumental and listening to this version is so stunning - even though the base is same, you completely made it your own. That’s what I love about music. Your singing gave it a different feeling and mood, it’s amazing. You have a lovely voice, Maggie. Could listen to you all day. :smiley:

This is a sweet collaboration, you and @Richard_close2u came up with and I’m so happy, the OM braught it back up to us fellows that were not yet there in the old forum. :+1:

Thanks a lot for sharing this pearl with us! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers - Lisa

2 Likes

This was an amazing collaboration. You have such a beautiful angelic voice. Thanks for posting. I loved it.

1 Like

Well done Maggie! So great to hear your music again.

1 Like

That was beautiful. Very ethereal and folksy.

1 Like

That was soulful and gorgeous, Maggie, thank you so much for sharing :hugs:
As Rogier and Lisa said… :wink: :smiley: :+1:

…Couldn’t agree more! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

After reading your generous comments, I’m going to make a better recording of the song as I wrote it a few months before I sent the words to Richard. I have a recording, but it doesn’t reflect the feeling of the song. I recorded DI (never again) and played it too fast. I let the click be king and that doesn’t suit this song.

@roger_holland thankyou dear heart for your generous hearing. When I heard Richards interpretation of my words I had tears in my eyes.

@sairfingers a learning log would be a rather empty thing! It’s been a year of no playing or singing for me. I do hope you are still making your marvelous music.

@Lisa_S thankyou for your very kind words. It was wonderful to sing to Richards playing. It has quite different feel to the original versionI wrote a few months earlier.

@SDKissFan It’s taken me a lot of years to own the upper part of my register. Thankyou for your very kind comment.

@tony thankyou Tony. I’m still planning on joining you for an OM with the songs we began.

@jkahn Thankyou for your hearing and how you hear the interpretation.

@nzmetal I hope it wasn’t too painful for a metal guy to listen too :face_with_spiral_eyes: Thankyou for your listening ear.

5 Likes

Wow Maggie, tears and goosebump all over again (who was that hard arsed rocker?). So great to hear this again. I wonder how you would approach it now after all the vocal sessions with CL ?

Was saddened to hear this and can only hope that all is well.

Take care.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah @TheMadman_tobyjenner the word is out, there’s a soft side to the HAR. I’m glad there were tears and goosebumps, thankyou for sharing that. Since all this brouhaha and revisiting the version with Richard, I’ve decided to revisit my version of HDL and it’s different.

Things are better Toby, thankyou, so much so I’ve just had a guitar lesson and I’m feeling motivated to play and sing again.

I do hope all is well with you dear Toby.

1 Like

@batwoman @Richard_close2u Most enjoyable song from you both, very nice collaboration. Superb to hear you again Maggie!

2 Likes

My heart just smiled mightily.
:heart: :smile:

2 Likes

@batwoman Maggie I will be sending some Mojo Metta to keep you on the right track. Miss your contributions here in the new Big City. It really was lovely to hear that again. Look forward to a revisit. Reckon there might be a little edge involved, a little bad Maggie ?

With me yes, fit as a fiddle, mad as a box of frogs and ticking along in my musical quest !
As to the other elements that you know well, a little same old same old, take it day by day. But all is good my friend for sure. :+1:

2 Likes

@Richard_close2u what a love you are. Your heart might smile a little more to know that I showed my teacher the tab for your version of HDL. He’s encouraging me to learn to play it proper like, with fluidity and artistic expression, and then to build on what you’ve taught me with some new directions in guitar playing and perhaps apply that to my version of HDL.

Your gift keeps giving Richard. :smiling_face: :gift_heart:

2 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner metta gladly accepted. All my edges are blunt, rusty or lost Toby :rofl:

I’m so glad you’re in the groove and enjoying your particular version of madness. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am sure Batwoman has the super power of “bouncebackability” ! :rofl:

2 Likes

Loved it and missed you Maggie! Hope all is well with you.

The vocals are angelic and the lyrics make me think a bit. I feel that hope dies first, and then all else fails, so having hope die last is counter-intuitive and thoughtful. First something dies and then all hope. Clever, insightful and special like you lady. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had a good listen and my ears liked what they heard. Seems the bonding that came together on this one is magical in sound and the efforts paid off. Great job both of you and a tip of the hat in your direction.

CL would be proud Maggie, I hope he has heard this?

Be well and blessings in all you do!
LB

2 Likes

Ah… thanks for the bump :smiley: I knew there was something I had forgotten…
Welcome ‘back’ Maggie and what a wonderful reminder of another diamond collaboration with our generous, moderate-ly talented @Richard_close2u.
Gorgeous.
It’s not right for the mother of the house to be so absent!
Take care

2 Likes