How are your instruments coping in the heat

Totally understand the temperature broke records - which is why it made the news here in Australia. I’m just sharing that where I live my guitars are often quite far out of tune day to day so you’d probably be OK just retuning.

No doubt there JK, now we’re back into mid 20’s (celsius) temperature the tunings have settled in again, it was just such a notable thing to happen with our lack of experience here of upper 30s!!

1 Like

@jkahn

JK

I don’t envy the temperatures you get in Australia. The hottest I have experienced was in Cypress during a heatwave and Palm Springs, both were in the low to mid 40’s

Back to the guitar, weather cooled down considerably since Tuesday, didn’t get a chance to play it yesterday but today it was nearly back in tune just some small adjustments, which I thought was interesting.

Michael

1 Like

Oh but lucky you to live in New Zealand. I was there in 2020 and left the day the country was shut down. I am in the hot, humid Southeast in the US and my acoustics are in cases with humidification packs that keeps them in the 50% range as humidity is a problem in the summer, low humidity in the winter. It is a balancing act for sure. Would love to revisit your beautiful part of the world!