How Gibson Acoustic Guitar are built

If you’ve ever wanted to see how acoustic guitars are built here a quick video from Gibson’s new Bozman MO plant

13 Likes

Its always interesting to see how guitars are constructed. Thanks for sharing this. :smiley:

Great video. I love watching skilled people making things.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Now I know why they cost so much. :smiley:

Great share Rick and a great soundtrack. Looking forward to Episode 2 but may also take look at the Season 1 playlist as well. Only downside…the Gas in burbling again ! :rofl:

1 Like

I love this sort of thing. Gives a real insight into why premium guitars cost what they do. A mixture of using machines where appropriate along with the hands of experts to make something special. It used to be that the Discovery Channel made a ton of shows like this until they switched to making a load of low IQ “reality” shows instead :frowning:

Aaaargh… now i really really really want one… But how to sell this to my other significant self… that will be something else…
Thanks for sharing this little jewel!

1 Like

An acoustic version of Cherry the Headless LP !

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Just need to remind the other half that I currently have 13 guitars. :rofl:

2 Likes

Toby you can always tell your wife you suffer from Triskaidekaphobia and that you need to add another guitar to your collection to get away from the number 13. :sunglasses: I am sure your wife will understand.

2 Likes

@stitch Rick - Just watched Season 1 from the Gibson USA factory. Fascinating to watch the process end to end, especially with my three babies sitting by the side of the desk ! Looking forward to the rest of Season 2. Thx again for the post.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner there’s some really cool shows on Gibson TV . I just watch Slash with his guitar collection on Gibson TV. If you have an hours to kill it’s a very interesting show.

Yeah I see there is 11 in The Collection series playlist. Beats regular TV ! :rofl:

I’ll definitely be watching this one but not tonight.

2 Likes

@stitch
Rick, S02E02 now available :+1:

4 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
Thanks for posting Toby. Bozman is only about 800km south of me. One of these days I’d like to drive down to Montana and visit the new Gibson acoustic plant.

1 Like

Dropped on one last night showing the Takamine factory in Japan. Very different approach with a mix of old and new tech.

I love seeing these factory videos. The Martin factory tour videos are brilliant, it’s great seeing the hands on craftsmanship of these highly skilled people.:ok_hand:

Great watch. Thanks for sharing Toby.

1 Like

Season 2 Episode 3

2 Likes

Thx Rick, for some reason I did not get the nudge from YT, thought I’d subbed the channel!
:sunglasses:

That was a really interesting watch. Thanks for the share Rick.

Got to even that out Toby. :wink: