How To Use Justin's Song App

My App is the best way of practicing songs and keep yourself accountable when starting your guitar journey!

View the full lesson at How To Use Justin's Song App | JustinGuitar

I’ve been only using the app and really look forward to the time that the app and the website communicate. So far I’m loving the app and the course. In fact I’ve been so encouraged that I’m working on understanding theory, something that struck fear in my heart just a month ago.

1 Like

I wish I had found this entire site so much sooner, but theres no time like the present!
In my apartment, the spot to practice is in front of my pc, although I could move somewhere else and use my ipad. I will probably do this, but I would be very much thrilled to see cross progression with the website and app, or just the ability to have the paid features tied to your account and accessible either way.
I am just diving into this for the first time tonight but foresee myself paying for the app, I downloaded it and it looks very nice.

1 Like

For anyone reading this curios about the website - app integration. I can confirm that it’s still not a feature unfortunatley. (there’s information about this in the FAQ - Subscribtion page in the app)

1 Like

Sorry for the dumb question, on the song app for a song it has a letter for a chord to play followed by some circles, for example D o O o O o O o. In this example I can hear strumming of a guitar on the D and the big circles, should I be strumming a D on the big circles in this case or just using the D and waiting until the next line to strum on D again.

1 Like

Any news on when the integration between the app and the website will work? The video on this is from 2021 and we are now in 2023 so would have expected it to be available by now?

1 Like

Up at the top of the app it says STRUM and there’s a suggested strum pattern if you press it. That pattern is entirely optional and you may choose to go more or less elaborate depending on what you think the song needs and your skill level

All of the circles just represent the up and down strokes of your hand (which may or may not include a strum of the strings).

1 Like

If I’m using the app, do I need to also log practices/routines in the desktop/web space?

1 Like

Hi Deborah, the app and website stats are not linked so it’s really just a question of if / how you want to keep tabs on your progress and practice.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. So I’m not missing anything if I’m solely using the app for tracking practice, then?

2 Likes

No not at all!

2 Likes

hi

if I would use the guitar app and I would choose a song to play along, do I see the chords emerging while playing the song? Will I be able to see each chord as I play along?

John

1 Like

Hi John @jondewi, and welcome to the community! The short answer to both of your questions is yes. You can also adjust the speed the song plays (I slow it down ALL the time while learning!). I think there is a trial period on the app - if you don’t like it you can cancel within a week or 10 days or something. Give it a look!

1 Like

Hi Judi, thank you

1 Like

Hello, apologies if this answered elsewhere, but are you able to switch off/turn down the melody for the songs, like if you want to practice playing along and also singing the melody yourself?

1 Like

I’ve literally just seen a video of Justin teaching ‘Peaceful Easy Feeling’ and he confirmed that you can do that, so that’s great. Answered my own question :grinning:

3 Likes

While I’m loving the website course unfortunately I can’t purchase & use the app as it’s not available in my country in the Google Play Store. Can anyone recommend a good mobile app alternative to practice songs with backing tracks?

1 Like

Kuwait. Hmm… Might be somewhat difficult for us to check what might be available there. Maybe @Majik has an idea? Or @MusopiaApps can comment on whether there are any plans to make the plans available Kuwait?

2 Likes

Is the Moises app available to you?

It’s probably the best alternative to the Songs and Lessons App that I’ve found.

3 Likes

Hi! I have been trying to log into the app lately but it’s not letting me? I’ve logged in and out of the website and my email and password did work. I have no idea why it is not letting me log in. Please anyone let me know.

1 Like