Howdy! I'm RoseRock

Thank you for your kind welcome.

Isn’t it just marvelous to see that change, Roger? The brain is such a gift and I am grateful for restoration and developing new pathways. I hope you also keep seeing progress.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Rose!
That is a crazy story and amazing that you came back from it to play guitar again!
Hope your journey relearning brings you lots of joy!

What a great story! It’s fantastic that you’re rediscovering guitar again despite the setbacks. Definitely an inspiration to others that may find themselves in a similar position, regardless of the reason. Welcome to the community! :+1:t2:

Warm ? Its red hot and cuddly :rofl:

Hi! I hope you have a blast learning and playing again. Thank you for sharing your personal story as it is very inspiring. I have an illness/disability so I get not wanting to feel limited in what you can accomplish. Finding your own way can lead to very cool places. Have you ever seen Imogen Heap play her music? She has these electrical sensory gloves she wears on her hands to control her music. So there are tons of possibilities if your not willing to give up! Dare to dream!!! :slightly_smiling_face::relaxed:

1 Like

Hi Rose Rock. This is an inspirational story you have. I have a friend here that survived a brain injury as a child and overcame the odds to find success. He is about 47 now. I have complete faith that you can find your way to success again. There is another guy here that shared a story of chronic pain that is so bad he can only play for a few minutes at a time, but hasn’t given up. We are all here to cheer you on to success and offer our support. It is truly amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it. Best wishes in success.

Jeff from California

1 Like

Nice meeting you here RoseRock, it nice to hear from someone who is rewiring the brain connections and not giving up! A few weeks ago I learned from Justin some exercises to develop a better balance (physical), think he stood on his arms or so to test it out, and I included it in my daily routine. Before I start on my daily routine, I have now five difficult minutes trying to stand on one leg (making my brain go completely bullocks trying to cope with the challenge :wink:) as it will also help me to hit the strings in the right places … . So go for it, you’ll find plenty of support with your fellow students here!

1 Like

Wow, Rose, what an inspiring story!!

That is absolutely true. We are learning more all the time about how much plasticity the brain has. It is truly amazing. I am confident that you will be able to play well again!

It is wonderful to have you here!

Hi and welcome! Brain injury will never kill your passion and I wish to you it will lead you to much joy with making music again.
Do you know Oliver Sacks? He was an amazing neurologist, his patients looked at with so much humanity and never reduced to their neurological issues. He wrote many books, “Musicophilia” might be of your interest, it’s been really inspiring to me.
All the best. Silvia.

1 Like

Yes, Brian I am thinking the same thing. I think I reconnected to some musical pathways that were already laid down and I am also building new ones. There is work involved. I’m kind of in the physical therapy (PT) phase of relearning the guitar. Just like with other physical skills I have redeveloped. you have to work and do your exercises. And… PT does not stand for Pity Time. I’m grateful to be learning. I’m not measuring my progress against others, but against goals I set up. And, as you say, I’m enjoying the here and now.
Thanks a bunch.

Thank you Silvia, for sharing the information on that book. I was not aware of that author. I just order the “Musicophilia” book. I appreciate that recommendation and it looks like something that will be really helpful for me. I look forward to communicating with you more over time about our mutual growth as musicians.
Rose

1 Like

I take it back. Blazin’ cuddly community.

Thank you Aaron dot dot. I appreciate the welcome.

Thank you for the welcome, Goffik!

Thank you for the welcome, Jeff. It is encouraging to me to hear about others that have overcome obstacles to do what they love. Thanks for sharing that.

I really appreciate the welcome. Thank you, Ardemenz. It means a lot to me.

1 Like

Hello Rose, your story is truly humbling and inspiring. You have had to overcome not just the physical consequences of your accident and injury but the psychological too in having ‘been’ a musician to having to learn all over again and from a position of weakness after years of effort and therapy. I tip my hat to you and applaud your positive attitude and determination. Wow.

Welcome @RoseRock
I admire your bravery; I’m very curious about your future experiences!
will you be able to suddenly fill gaps with subconcious knowledge or reflexes?
will learning be a stressful or relaxing experience?

I love those Gretsch Parlor guitars.
I play a 24" Jaguar copy and even a 23" Mustang copy so I toally get the comfort these guitars bring :smiley:

Good luck and see you around!

What a blessing to read you’re post - the very inspirational and praying for continued musical growth…