I DID IT! Full Performance With My Singer!

I am so incredibly happy! I have struggled with lead my whole life. I have always gotten a song about 90% speed and it’s like trying to break my fingers pushing it any faster. I decided to look up what strings the guitarist of this band plays and I found a forum of him openly confessing they down tune a whole step so that not only is it easier for the singer, it’s easier for him to play. I down tuned my guitar and sure enough it worked! The acoustic part is in standard tuning. And then the electric is tuned to the whole step down. You might notice I have a wood strip underneath my bridge as no matter how I tune my Floyd rose, I have watched about 15 different videos and have done it each time but no matter what I do it doesn’t stay in tune when I drop tune it. So I just wedged a piece of wood in there to keep it stable and tell I can get it to my luthier. I hope you guys enjoy the performance and I’m always open for feedback! We’re not perfect but just too proud not to share! On the acoustic part, I really used a lot of Justin’s beginner practice tips and routines to get these cord changes right and to get them smooth and solid. One minute perfect chord changes And anchor finger work for the win!! :rofl::rofl:

24 Likes

Well done Jak, this moment of realizing you made it the full speed in around 4:27 was pure gold, well done ladies cracking job! I am learning my I think first fairly fast solo and I am at around 0.75x speed and boy oh boy I already feel anxiety I won’t be able to reach full speed. Your post will serve as my motivation to get to the 4:27 moment one day :grin: all the best Gals!

3 Likes

I know you are most excited about your lead, which was very good, but man oh man, your finger picking is fantastic.

3 Likes

Hey Jak and Holly, it is so much fun to watch you guys work through this! Thank you for bringing us into the process!

1 Like

I agree with @frito on this one.

2 Likes

Well, that was absolutely fun! I listened to your earlier one at a slower tempo. Glad you stuck it out. Sounded good and some really nice guitar play there! But what I really noticed was it looks like you are have a great deal of fun, and that’s where it’s at. Well done.

1 Like

Great playing all around!

1 Like

Jak and Holly, as well as it being a blast to listen to you, you are so good to watch. Your enjoyment is infectious. Goosebumps at 3.48.

1 Like

That was a fun performance to watch, you gals are great! So happy for you that you were able to play the lead at full speed!

1 Like

Jak and Holly, thanks for sharing with us. Fabulous singing and playing, super impressive, super enjoyable.

1 Like

Congratulations, Jak! Great playing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a way to wake up, this morning!
You ladies rock :sunglasses: :metal:
Love the relaxed vibe you give off and seem to be enjoying yourselves.
it’s a pity the mic didn’t pick up more of your voice Jak
Will Holly be joining you for the open mic?
Congrats to both of you

1 Like

Boy oh boy was that worth waiting for! Excellent playing and singing, you’re both talented musicians!

You Rock Kitten

About your Floyd rose, have you adjusted the spring tension to match dropping it a whole note?
It’s so much of a pain in the butt with alternate tunings on trem guitars (especially with Floyd rose trems) that I only have hard tail guitars now, if I want that effect I use a pitch shifter (Boss PS-06) that works with an expression pedal.

1 Like

Need to come back to this later with headphones and some volume !! Really great end to end. Just gone back to finger picking so a joy to watch the first section of the song ! Glad you nailed it full speed after all the hard work. Some one pinched my Kitty ^^^^^ So have this instead. :sunglasses:

You Rock Ozzy

1 Like

Jak and Holly, that was superb. A great way to start my day.

I agree with others, your fingering is brilliant, I really enjoyed the lead as well and it made me smile when you did you big smile after nailing that really fast part.

A tasty looking couple of guitars as well.

I’m looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like

Hahaha - cannot tell a lie ‘twas me cos I thought ‘twas cute :joy:
Like the new one…….hmm looks like Ozzy!

2 Likes

Great job and fantastic to see you both enjoying it so much. Brilliant playing.

1 Like

Darrell did you notice kitty was in the pocket, while their track was playing. LMAO :rofl:

2 Likes

Well done girls, that was a terrific first AVoYP. You both looked like you were having lots of fun. Super guitar play there Jak. The fingerstyle was more my cup of tea - excellent.

1 Like

That was some mad skills happening, great playing!

1 Like