I’m a Believer - Neil Diamond

Hey Gordon,

I too was expecting a horror show, given your intro blurb, but all in all, it was pretty good. But as you say, its about the lead parts.
For me, trying to play little lead lines or solos requires playing them over a backing track, or rhythm section. That helps lock in my timing. Cant you use your Trio to provide the rhythm while you’re doing the solo parts?

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Another good one Gordon. You, your playing and voice make a song great. I think Brian hit the nail on the head in regards to the riff.

1 Like

Thanks Maggie. I’m working on solutions to keep the train on the tracks. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the song. Unfortunately no amount of tech helps when you hit the wrong note!:smile:

1 Like

Fantastic effort Gordon.

Lovely easy rhythm which you kept going beautifully into the chorus when the pattern change’s a bit I think.

Very nicely done

1 Like

:joy::joy: Thanks for the vote of confidence Adrian! You’re right about adding more hammer-ons etc to spice things up. Getting the balance right is tricky, too many and a song can become annoying. Just hitting the balance is the key.

Thanks for that James. I’ve had a look at the videos you mentioned. Interesting.
In the first one he connects a dynamic mic to the Trio+ using an adaptor. (apparently you could also use a mixer).
He then demos using it to create a vocal loop. He doesn’t mic up a guitar. Presumably it would work?
In the second video he connects up a mic and a guitar using another pedal and a mixer. However the guitar is electro acoustic and he wires it into the setup. It gets complicated at that point. The key thing he misses out on in both videos is micing up a guitar on its own.

I’m going to link the videos in the DigiTech Trio+ Band Creator & Looper topic. Others may find them interesting.

I would have thought it would just be the same as vocal setup but rather than singing into the mic you would just be playing your guitar into the mic.

1 Like

Ah. That does complicate things.

I saw the other comments about plugging a dynamic mic into the Trio. I assume it would be using a cable or adapter that has the connector for the mic on one end (typically XLR) and a typical guitar lead jack on the other. I didn’t watch the videos but recording a voice or guitar with a mic is the same thing. So should be able to follow this approach to play the acoustic through the Trio.

Difficult. Oh yes. Impossible. No … my first looping attempts were poor. I think the BT on the most recent post was better from a timing perspective. Just a matter of practice to develop the coordination with the foot.

Yup

Can imagine how hard that is

1 Like

Alternative option could be to record basic rhythm loop without the fancy stuff (even using different chord shapes) and then play your rhythm with the fancy stuff (like jamming along with someone else) and then do your solo to the backing rhythm. Hopefully, the option of using a mic with trio can help you out with your current setup. But you do know once you get a mic you’re one step closer to getting an audio interface.

1 Like

The problem of course is you’ve spent 2 or 3 minutes recording the first 2 verses only to then play the loop slightly at the wrong time. You repeat this process several times………:joy:

1 Like

Haha! Rather than buy a mic I think I’d put the money towards getting an acoustic pickup of some sort. That would be less complicated and would solve all my issues.

2 Likes

Thanks Clint I’m pleased you enjoyed my effort. Yes it’s a fresh take on the well known Monkees version. Courtesy of course of Mr Diamond.

Thanks Shane, I appreciate the listen and comments. If you read all the other posts you’ll see where my problems lie.
I should have played the song and missed out the solo riff part. It wasn’t really necessary.

Thanks Colin. I appreciate the listen and kind comments that ignore the lead riff part. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for taking time to listen and comment JK. No more to be said about the riff. :woozy_face:

I’m mystified. What is it?
Glad you enjoyed my effort Joshua.

You will have to ask Neil…. :wink:

1 Like

@Jamolay I wondered as well, Joshua. This is more commonly played outside with a ball where I come from :wink:

1 Like

We Americans can’t really admit we would rather play what the rest of the world calls football…

1 Like

:rofl: knowing a little bit about the history of Rugby Union in the USA, I think calling American Football American Rugby would have been more appropriate. Your Sevens rugby side is pretty good, your ladies soccer side are top class, and the men have improved I think.

But best we stop the side show, before Gordon gets grumpy … though he started by asking for more on Hacky sack :grin:

1 Like