I need a drum pedal or some thing?

I guess it depends what you want. Beat Buddy works for me, may not for you.

1 Like

Full on beat buddy is expensive but has a few nice features. Trio is much cheaper not quite as good but with practice easy to use. Both are really for practice or live purposes.

I’ve used ezdrummer 2 a lot. It basically has pre-made beats/bars of drums and there are different ways to select which you want. It’s really good, very easy to use and works well in a DAW. It’s a “light” version of superior drummer. They also do ezkeys and ezbass as well.

2 Likes

Should also add that EZD runs as a standalone program on your desktop, as well as a DAW plugin. The standalone feature makes it great if you just want to have a quick jam with a drum track, without the hassle of firing up your DAW.
:sunglasses:

I am still trying to find out if it is easy enough or I have to spend the rest of my life learning it :slight_smile:

Tom, I moved from a donation-based product (MT Power Drumkit, don’t think it has a standalone option) to EZ Drummer and didn’t have too much difficulty with either. <T Power may be a good way to test this out with spending money. It comes with loads of presets and the drum sounds are more than useable.

That said, if you have no experience in using a DAW then that will also present a learning curve. But these days there are so many YT tutorials that is also quite manageable (though I would consider myself to be to be quite PC/tech literate which probably helps). I use Reaper which is great value for money (it has a free, fully functional trial that you can use indefinitely, which is why some folk erroneously declare it to be free but the license is most reasonable) and has excellent tutorial videos on the Reaper site.

OK thanks. I took your advice and purchased it. Now installing :slight_smile:

EZDrummer or one of the other suggestions ??

I got ezdrummer 3 now playing around with it. Thank you too for suggesting it. Now I need to find for some good tutorials

Like the Pinball Wizard, play by intuition ! Just mess with it and experiment. Best way to learn and you can’t break it ! Simples. :sunglasses:

I have the mini. There’s no manager software. You have to dial up all the settings individually each time.

Yes, the mini would be limiting.

So far I am struggling to learn. I am sacrificing my guitar practice time on this software. Video tutorials out there are not well organized.

The whole day I was playing with this software. unfortunately, they do not have a refund policy and I did not have an option to try the software before buying. ( Wonder if this is a normal practice :slight_smile:
I Will some day learn but for now I must say it is a overkill and not that much easy.

I’m surprised I’ve always been impressed with ezDrummer and what it does…in most respects superior to any pedal. Just looking at this tutorial >> Toontrack EZdrummer 3 Bandmate - The Killer Feature - YouTube they’ve added some nice features to get something to match what you’re playing as well.

Maybe record some of what you’re trying to do and share it on here. No doubt people will be able to perhaps help.

Ditto to what Rossco is saying, its very straight forward,

What are you trying to do or set up at the moment. I have only done a couple of desktop captures in OBS for some of our Open Mic tech threads but if you can give me an idea I may be able to knock a video up. No promises but I’ll try if you give me a starting point. :wink:

OK please watch this. This is me playing , I need to just make nice simple drums for this
In this video I simply used a free plugin with reaper

1 Like

Tom

Man you should be sharing your playing in AOVYP, you are good ! To be honest this kind of track needs no drum beat it works fine on its own. The drums will just muddy the waters !!
But I’ll see what I can do, can you let me know the BPM ? Did you transcribe from piano to guitar ?

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Definitely Toby. It would be good for Tom to share some of his playing material and knowledge with the community so that we can enjoy his music and learn from him. I can see where Tom is going with the drum beat, it would be better without the symbol.

Yeah something simple.

@iguitaryou Tom EZD should have some basic samples that would work with this. About to eat but will try and do a desktop capture later. :sunglasses:

Thanks guys , Perhaps I am Perfectionist, My wife said actually the same thing , she says I should not make things complicated and let the guitar do it alone :slight_smile:
The reason that I am concerned about is my songs , I am making a new channel that I will upload Orginal songs I have made and I want harmonica and drum in it and I need electric guitar as well .
A lot to learn :slight_smile:

1 Like