I Need A Holiday. An original

Hi gang,
Well it has been over a year since I wrote my last song.
I felt all Country so I have had a go at writing a Country song. Not quite my normal folk style. It is still a work in progress so all feedback welcome.
I can hear a fiddle in the song in the lead break areas but as I can’t play fiddle I will have to see what I can come up with on GarageBand or similar down the track.
Cheers
Ron
[https://youtu.be/IFQQsYvp-qg?si=PO_k3j3wDRExVRkq]

8 Likes

Ron

G’day indeed. You have had no problem getting up country! Super song with great guitar accompaniment: the variations on the chords and the strumming make the guitar sing along. Really enjoyable.

Brian

1 Like

Good to see another post from you Ron. For me great energy, catchy progression and use of picking etc and good use of the chorus :+1:certainly had me tapping my foot :ok_hand:

1 Like

Great stuff as usual Ron. Loved the song and the vibe !

I’d recommend any newbie to watch any of your recordings and focus on that metronomic strumming, pumping away non stop and smack bang in the pocket. Ok ignore the odd picked note peeps but you know what I mean.

You never disappoint, keep em coming sir ! And sure looks like you were having fun.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Excellent as always Ron! Great song and performance. Watching you multi-task with the chorus pedal, etc. was also impressive. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks so much Brian. It is fun to play and I hope to finalize my timing etc soon.
It still needs a fiddle player though :rofl:

Glad you enjoyed it Craig and thank you for the feedback. I find myself tapping the toes as I play.

1 Like

I was having fun. Thanks Toby for the encouraging feedback.

1 Like

Hey Mark thanks for that.
The pedals take some coordinating for sure and I still miss from time to time :rofl:

Hi Ron,

another great tune of yours! :smiley:

It’s quite a catchy one, too and it definitely has some country vibes to it. The song structure, the dynamics and how you use your tools is already really round to my ears, even without the fiddle (but it surely will add to the country vibe in the final version).
I really enjoyed the listen and was getting the vibe - now longing for some holiday even more. :sweat_smile:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Hello Ron, oh what a fine tune this is :star_struck:.
Very catchy vibe. I love your chordwork and embellishments.
A fiddle might suit to it, but, to my ears, isn’t absolutely necessary.
Very enjoyable :smiling_face:.

1 Like

Thank you Lisa. The more I sing it the more I want a holiday. :joy::joy:

1 Like

So glad you enjoyed it Nicole. Thank you for the feedback. :smiley:

1 Like

Super production and performance Ron - a very enjoyable listen!

1 Like

Right on Ron!
Very well done. Fun and a catchy tune for sure. Memorable.
Your a very good writer.

As for more instruments.
Sometime, less is more, perhaps… :wink:
I enjoyed your tune as is.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you Phil. Glad you enjoyed it. Appreciate the feedback.

Thank you Jim. Yes I agree that less can be more. I will take that into account.
Really appreciate the feedback.

That was freaking awesome, nice original! Good production as well, something i need to work on! What gear and DAW do you use?

1 Like

Thank you Byron. I really appreciate your encouraging feedback.
What do I use to record etc?

1. My vocals and guitar go through a TC Helicon Play Acoustic.
  2. I use one of the preset FX in the pedal but I have modified some things like reverb and harmony. Obviously I apply my harmonies from this pedal during the performance. It is what I use for live gigs.
  3. The guitar is enhanced also through the TC Helicon.
  4. The drums are produced from a Beat Buddy Mini2.
  5. My mic is a Berringer condenser mic.
  6. The guitar is a Maton Messiah with the AP5 pro pickup system
  7. The video is done directly into my iPad Pro. The App is called “Impact” by Focusrite.
  8. The guitar, Beatbuddy and vocals are taken from the TC Helicon in to a scarlet 2i2 which connects directly to my iPad via an Apple hub or dongle or what ever you call it.
  9. The Beatbuddy signal output is in the same output as the guitar. Thus the drums do get some FX added to them. But I like that.
  10. Finally, I apply some final tweaking of compression etc and FX to the audio within the “Impact” App on my iPad.
    Hope this all makes sense.
    Cheers
    Ron
1 Like

Thanks man for the reply! Ill have to look into it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like