GDPiper169 - March 2022 - I'll Follow You Into The Dark + Who'll Stop The Rain + Mash-up of 4 developer songs

I thought the sound quality was fine. If you look at others who have recorded with phones they seem to manage with it a 3-4 feet away. Honestly it would be much better.

You can always “crop” the start and end of the song to stop us seeing you start and end the recording.

Thats really good, more than beginner level. As others have said I would have preferred a wider angle video.

Hello Gregory,
Sounds good, clearly to hear that you’ve been playing for a while :sunglasses:…now show yourself, don’t be so shy sir :blush:…there are a lot of old men here :shushing_face:
Greetings ,Rogier

I will show myself in the next one, or at least try to show both hands. Frankly, this song uses basic chords. I think it’s the picking/strumming that is interesting.
Thanks for the comments.

If you’re playing fingerstyle like that, you are not a beginner. Really enjoyed it.

This community is full of ‘oldies’ Gregory. Welcome and I look forward to more from you. Have a look here.
Older guitar students / Can ‘old dogs’ learn new tricks?

Now it works and this was a pleasure to watch, really loved the strumming pattern not an easy one to play straight from the bat. Love the song and I think you did justice to it, I recognized it straight away :slight_smile: all the best

Very nice work Gregory.

This is one of the songs I often use for warm up. It contains my personal nemesis, the Bm chord.

8 Likes

I think you’ve well and truly stared your Bm nemesis down Gregory. The flowing, rhythmic movement of your strumming arm as well as your clean fretting serves to help you get gorgeous tones from your guitar. You look and sound comfortable and that’s a nice thing for the viewer.

Bravo, Gregory, that was well done. Smooth, steady, relaxed through out, and the Bm looked good. Well done.

I think Batwoman said it all there Gregory. That was wonderful playing.

Bm, pah! You da boss.

Hi Gregory, just to echo what has been said - you have a very smooth strumming arm, relaxed and in the groove. The changes match it and all rolled along really well. Bravo.
:slight_smile:

Steady strumming and clean chords. I agree, Bm can be an awkward one and you aced it, well done Gregory.
Maybe a vocal or a backing track next time?

I like that Gregory, nice and smooth and flowing. Very nice with the Bm, I have it in a couple of songs I’m working on now and finding it very awkward! I’d say you’re bossing it based on that. Great work :+1:

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. It really helps build confidence.

Great work @GDPiper169, thanks for the share. Definitely some pretty playing there.

Good job, nice strumming and chords.

Hi Gregory,
You can look for a new nemesis…you radiate tranquility …keep it up :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Well done sir, one of my campfire songs too but I have to use the 4 finger cheater Bm.