I'm Looking through You

Heaven is in and around you dear lady. Such a joy to hear from you and to know that you are present and offering kind comments on my musical scratchings and squealing. Hope you are well, and please know that I appreciate and adore you so much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Shane for the listen and like! Much appreciated. You are on your way to finding your voice on the instrument. Keep at it, you are on the right path. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I hear what you are doing over there. You have a drummer that can sing, that is so cool. Keep rockin’, hope to hear more from you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really enjoyed that Clint, top drawer! This (and a few other recent offerings) has convinced me that I need to try out some multi track recording myself.
Loved the harmonica, really worked well and the solo guitar work was great.

1 Like

Nice playing and singing. Great vibe.

1 Like

Thanks DP! Your support and kindness is a cut above.

The original song, in my opinion, is a case where the lyrics never matched the poppy musical arrangement. So I took it in a bluesy/folkish direction, but stayed up tempo.

1 Like

Thank you! Keep doing your thing sir. Who Knows Where The Time Goes was a really good take.

EDIT: I’ve thought of stylizing that track at some point myself.

1 Like

Thanks for the listen and the like! You are doing some good stuff over there sir. Thumb strumming can be very effective at providing a less brittle and harsh acoustic guitar tone – easier to sing over as well. Keep doing your thing and doing it your way.

Clint, that was beautiful, so beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. All parts fitted together so perfectly, and it sounded so effortless (although I know, it’s not). Loved the harmonica bits as well, and I hope that I’ll find the time to learn how to play it as well some day.
Your vocals are great, very soulful, going directly to the listener’s heart. Love that :smiling_face:.

1 Like

Thanks Helen! Really kind of you to listen and comment. The Wallflowers do a pretty good cover, still a little more upbeat than the lyrics in my opinion.

I haven’t heard too much of your playing, but I wish you well in your musical journey.

1 Like

Thank you sir! The Beatles? Nothing compared to Taylor Swift, I suppose. LOL

Thanks Gordon! I appreciate the support. BTW, I’m still digging your cover of Alberta. Keep up the juicy playing sir. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, I will take it. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the kind words. Just a kid with a dream from the valley. :slight_smile:

1 Like

… And then along comes Mari. You so rock! if nothing else sticks, live your best life, friends. Love it!

1 Like

That’s exactly right, Clint. Just a little piece of life philosophy I picked up from a Community friend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very nice, Clint. Pleasing to the ears. Nice video too. Is that your garden? Oh, and the harmonica enhanced it even more!

1 Like

Thank you sir for the kind words! I will post one track per month here as to not overload the forum. It can be a lot to sift through if every one posts frequently. I do plan to post more often on my youtube channel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I was going for. I appreciate the comment. This was kind of like lighting striking water for me in terms of re-imagining a well known (to me) song that seemed out of sorts for the genre and lyric connection. Did my best to connect things according to my ear. LOL

Hi Clint,
thank you from the bottom of my heart for this cover.
This is exactly what we are all missing right now.
Excellent performance.
Leo

1 Like