In 2022 we mourn the death and celebrate the life of

Just seen that as well. Excellent singer/sond writer. Big loss.

For Christine McVie (pre Fleetwood Mac):

For Wilko Johnson:

5 Likes

@Richard_close2u Christine Mc Vie: I just saw that she died today. So sad :cry:

1 Like

Just heard about Christine McVie on the radio. RIP Christine

Another talented musician sadly lost. :cry:
Chicken Shack blimey that was well buried in disconnected synapses. Great Blues band of the 60s.

1 Like

Country singer Jake Flint died yesterday at 37 , hours after getting married.

Yeah, I remember Chicken shack very well, I saw them live twice - Chrissie had a gorgeous voice! In Fleetwood Mac I think because of her lower register voice she got to be a bit pushed into the background when Stevie Nicks joined them, but without Stevie and her rather unique vocals I don’t think that they would have had the success they did.

1 Like

Thought I’d drop this in, as an insight of what made Wilko Wilko.

4 Likes

:cry:

3 Likes

I was super-massive into The Stranglers as a teenager. I had their first five albums and loads of singles and knew every lyric of every song.
Sad.

2 Likes

Aaaa, :cry:…this gentleman has appeared in my documentary`s a few times in recent months,…especially the one about ‘The Band’, :blush:…was very nice to listen to,… :sunflower:

1 Like
2 Likes

Sad news indeed.
He released an album of protest songs last year.
Terry Hall, The Burning Hell and even The Larsen band at an open mic (can’t find the link :roll_eyes:)
all covered the same song song late '21/early '22
@Richard_close2u :wink:

2 Likes

OH MY,…What a story Toby :cry:

Brian :upside_down_face: :laughing:

Sad news about Terry Hall.
2-tone and The Specials in particular brought new flavours of music into my life.
I did literally move some grooves at a school disco to some Specials, Madness etc.

1 Like

Sad loss of Terry Hall. I was a big Ska fan back in the day, they kept me going through my teenage angst.
I saw The Specials at a festival in the summer, turns out the last UK gig they did with TH at least, he was his usual sardonic self.
Someone set off the pyrotechnic display halfway through their last number drowning them out ,TH ‘Oh great , fireworks’, turned round and walked off…

2 Likes

Martin Duffy now too (Charlatans and Primal Scream): Martin Duffy: Primal Scream and Charlatans keyboardist dies at 55 - BBC News

1 Like

A bad week for 90s music. Maxi Jazz died yesterday: Maxi Jazz: Tributes hail Faithless singer as an 'incredible talent' - BBC News

1 Like

Canadian icon Ian Tyson passed away at 89 years old this moring.

Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Johnny Cash are just a few artists that recorded Ian’s songs.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: In 2023 we mourn the death & celebrate the life of