In 2023 we mourn the death & celebrate the life of

The Pointer Sisters put out some great songs back in the day. Wasnā€™t all about rock n roll. :cry:

6 Likes

They sure did, sorry to hear about Anitaā€™s death. :frowning:

1 Like
2 Likes

Jeff Beck passes away

6 Likes

This is sad new. I guess if you where born in the 60 this is going to be a hard decade.
RIP Jeff

2 Likes

That is indeed sad news :cry:

1 Like

What a phenomenal guitarist.

RIP

2 Likes

Just saw this on the news. An epic guitarist and great influence on the genre.

1 Like

Just read about Jeff Beck in the news. I havenā€™t listened to much of his stuff but heard all about it. Can anyone recommend some iconic songs to listen to?

1 Like

Best of Jeff Beck

I might be able to share my server copy with you if you PM me your email. I havenā€™t tried to do this before, but what the heck!

3 Likes

Found it on Spotify, thanks @Jamolay

1 Like

Another icon passes.
Like JK I have not been a listener to his recordings.
The one recommendation I would give is the album Amused To Death.
He was Roger Waters guitarist of choice on that album.

1 Like

Same shoes here as JK and Richard although name is very familiar I havenā€™t crossed path with his music.

2 Likes

You probably have without realizing it. He played as a guest on a lot of other peopleā€™s records. Here are just a few examples:

1 Like

Do check him out. He has for more influence on the music you love than you realize.
The ā€œBest of Beckā€ album is a pretty good sample. There is also ā€œLive at the Hollywood Bowlā€. Albums worth listing to a few times.

BBC News is at this very moment eulogizing Jeff Beck, which is how Iā€™ve just found out.

ā€œI play the way I do because it allows me to come up with the sickest sounds possible. Thatā€™s the point now isnā€™t it?ā€ - Jeff Beck

4 Likes

Sad loss, great musician and guitarist. Born mid 50s Iā€™m slowly seeing all my teenage idol pass of this mortal coil. At least the music remains,
:cry:

2 Likes

:cry:
Listened to it almost daily for many years from the age of 15 and actually since I started playing guitar consciously started again 3 years ago ā€¦sad sad news,ā€¦ :cry:

:guitar:

Jeff Beck may not have been in a band that produced a song like Stairway to Heaven or Sunshine of your Love, so perhaps not as well known as Page or Clapton but as a guitar player he is pretty special.

Love this, a little different to some of his other work ā€¦

7 Likes