In 2023 we mourn the death & celebrate the life of

Funny David, the man who is known for playing without a pick in hard rock etc,the first thing I see after his death is this … (although I didn’t see him before either a lot ,…lots of tapes …but with Rockabily he drew a line :grin:,sometime…I didn`t see this one,…nice
Greetings,…

The Live at Ronnie Scotts is phenomenal. I have the DVD as well as a CD. Such expression and range with the talented line up. Look for Page & Plant in the crowd. Sad day…

Anyone interested in JB and his guitar journey could do worse than check out the fab documentary
Jeff Beck: Still on the Run (2018). Interviews with the man himself as well as all the guitar gods.

You can buy/rent it on the jungle platform or save your pieces of eight with the buccaneers :roll_eyes:

Lisa Marie Presley (Elvis’s daughter) pass away from a heart attack. She was only 54.

More Jeff Beck stuff… I was reading about him and apparently he was impossible to imitate - he played notes “only Beck could play”

Check this video out. One song - incredible noises out of a guitar, could anyone even play it the same way?

Oh, sad! I saw she was hospitalized with a heart attack, but hadn’t realized she passed. Too young! Younger than me and many of us.

1 Like

It’s tough to have a king as your father (or grandfather- her son committed suicide).

As the recently departed Jeff Beck said:
“All I can say is that I’ve never made the big time, mercifully probably. When you look around and see who has made it huge, it’s a really rotten place to be when you think about it. Maybe I’m blessed with not having had that.”
Count your blessings folks :smiley:

3 Likes

I will revel in my mediocrity!

3 Likes

12 Likes

Seriously… not joking !
I love that fb page :laughing:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Another one of Canada’s great musicians. Listened to a lot of BTO in high school. Randy must be devistated
RIP Robby.

1 Like

Sad to hear about Robbie Bachman. BTO was one of the first bands that I went to see live. I can’t remember exactly what year that was but I very clearly remember my ears ringing loudly afterwards … Absolutely loved it.

RIP

I aspire to mediocrity!

Accepting our mediocrity while honoring the passing of two decidedly NOT mediocre artists is what makes this community exceptional.

1 Like

Nishant Acharya , Nepali guitar player/instructor/content creator died in yesterdays plane crash.

https://www.youtube.com/@NishantAcharya/featured

1 Like

BBC News - Rock legend David Crosby dies aged 81

Big loss, great artist. RIP DC. :cry:

2 Likes

Saw CSN in concert back in 85 ? Outdoor venue in the rain
but they rocked it . Sad to see him go but will continue to play their tunes . Teach your children , Suite Judy Blue Eyes etc…