In 2023 we mourn the death & celebrate the life of

Damn, that’s very sad. His first solo album If I Could Only Remember My Name is one of my favouries.

The documentary about him, Remember My Name, is pretty well-made and interesting, check it out if you can.

American composer Burt Bacharach (94) passed away

What the world needs now is love sweet love. A clichĂŠ of course but could never have been truer. RIP Burt.

1 Like

:neutral_face: My GF’s cat just walked over my laptop and deleted that post.
I’m hoping it wasn’t editorial in nature and just an accident.

It doesn’t appear that I can recover it so if anyone is interested, it can still be read by using the pencil icon indicating an edit was performed.

Thanks for that post, Richard. And thanks for the tip about the pencil icon!
I’ve always loved Burt Bacharach’s collaborations with Elvis Costello - maybe because, at first, it seemed so unexpected. As it happens, a new box set compiling, their work together is due to to be released in March. The man lived a full life.

1 Like

Huh, it doesn’t show up now.
Discord. . .
I like a lot of its features but it’s not at all like what I’m used to with the various bulletin board forums.

More bad news for 90s music lovers: David Jolicoeur: Rapper and founding member of De La Soul dies - BBC News

RIP :cry:

1 Like

56 is way to young. RIP Steve
Justin has a grade 1 lesson on Common People by Pulp if interested.

1 Like

My ex from many years ago was found dead in her car last month in Arizona . She was only 43 years old. Rest In Peace.

1 Like

Shoot :cry: Condolences Jeff. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks Toby. We had back to back deaths to start the year. My wife’s grandfather passed a few weeks earlier. Those kind of things shake you up. It makes me appreciate each day we have and when I’m gone I will have left some music behind for other to enjoy. Hope all is well with you.

Jeff

2 Likes

Pulp bassist Steve Mackey dies aged 56

This man added some extra magic to some excellent albums, a sad loss.

2 Likes

David Lindley passes at 78. I saw him in the late 70’s with Jackson Brown in Vancouver BC. He was one talented musician.

1 Like

Saw him in Amsterdam early 80s, love his fiddle playing with Jackson Browne.

Very sad day for Lynyrd Skynyrd fans. Last man standing Gary Rossington passed away today at 71. RIP Gary you and Lynyrd Skynyrd where a big part of my life.

2 Likes

Oh boy this is not a good day.
Weird woke this morning, thinking must restart learning SHA. Someone telling me something?

Skynyrd have been such a huge musical influence for me, ever since Pronounced was released. Sad day.

Think The Last Rebel album will be an appropriate listen first thing.

RIP Gary. Fly high man :cry: