In 2024 we mourn the death & celebrate the life of

1 Like

RIP Brit. Been a Blackberry Smoke fan for years 57 is way to young.

2 Likes
1 Like

The Raspberries were power pop much more than rock, and I didn’t listen to them until he started his solo career, but I was definitely a bit obsessed with his first 2 solo albums when I was a kid. Only 74. RIP.

Karl Wallinger.

RIP

2 Likes

:cry:

1 Like

RIP Steve Harley the Cockney Rebel who died yesterday I remember listening to his songs in the 70`s Judy Teen, Mr Soft and of course the great make me smile must re learn that one and add it to my ever increasing playlist.

Hi John,
There is a place for that where we celebrate the lives and remember deceased musicians @Richard_close2u will add this post there …he’s already busy cleaning up…good luck :wink:
Greetings

We should call it Death-Watch :wink:

I see the good Lord said; “Come up and see me!”
(I’ll get my coat… :roll_eyes:)

3 Likes

and today I also remember the teachers who had to teach you (ahum ,that is not the first time I now think that I have said something like that :thinking: …SO
not so easy this time

1 Like

Aaahh… the lenten dispensation from the abstinence of St. Patrick’s Day for us Irish has passed, and I welcome the return of the hairshirt and self-flagellation :wink:

The Stampeders hailed from my home town, Calgary Alberta Canada, and they were one of my favs thru my formative years. Son many great memories from their songs, too many to list.
RIP Ronnie King, a bass player :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

RIP Ronnie. Used to party with Ronnie back in the 80’s when he played at the Live Wire as the Ronnie King band. He always had some great stories about the Stampeders.

2 Likes

Ultravox singer Chris Cross dies aged 71

One of the greats, Dickey Betts, passes at 80

2 Likes

RIP Dickey. Southern Rock has lost another pioneer

2 Likes

And we lose another of the greats, sad loss. RIP. :cry:

What a contribution this man made to music. . .love it or hate it. . .he was definitely a true musician and made the guitar absolutely sing. . .well deserved remembrances from all over will pour in for him. . .RIP for the “Patriarch” of the Allman Brothers Band!!

Yesterday the passing of the ‘other guitarist’ of the original Allman Bros. Band was announced.
Dickey Betts passed at age 80.
IMO, Dickey rarely got his due for his contributions to the Allman Bros. and to music in general. Dickey was every bit as talented and innovative as Duane. Together they were the ultimate duo.
I’ll be spending the day listening to his discography.

1 Like

I would like to see this thread carry on as a stand alone thread. He was a guitar player’s guitar player.There are elements of his playing style that are worthy of discussion.

Note to mods: That could easily be a separate discussion if need be. Dickey was a major and major pentatonic scale maestro. He put his own twist on those scales. Tons of great lessons covering his playing style on Youtube.

4 Likes