In progress - Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (Cover)

This is a work in progress. Few more parts to learn but close to recording with bass and drums…sneak peak. Fun song to learn and challenge the fingerstyle guitar!

https://youtu.be/Ml8kqWT7-4o

12 Likes

Hi Zoltan,
Very nicely played… :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks, I was debating on whether to go with acoustic or electric on this one…

1 Like

Sounding pretty damn good. Nice tone too.

1 Like

Hey thanks, appreciate the comment on the tone. Well sound better when running through my Tascam vs this iPhone microphone too, likely more rich!

We’ll played Zoltan. Nice and smooth and a lovely tone.

1 Like

Thanks Eddie, that’s 2 that like the tone, so likely a keeper!

1 Like

Make that 3! Tone sounded great, Zoltan! Super playing too, well done! :metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

Rock on! Thanks!

1 Like

Excellent! It’s pretty amazing how many complicated songs Metallica made. Keep grinding, great job!

1 Like

They were a talented bunch!

That is sounding good Zoltan. Loving the tone on the guitar as well.

1 Like

That was really nicely played…and as it has already pointed out the tone was terrific! Looking foward to the whole thing! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks, tone stays for cut!

Hi Zoltan,

Lovely job.
Picking is fluid. Jealous of folk who can finger pick using more than 2 fingers. I’ve tried but fail epically, then get fed up and give up.

I like the tone, but I’d be interested to hear it dialed back ever so slightly.
e.g. if i was mixing it and there was the ability to let more of the dry signal through I’d make the effect less wet.

Looking forward to the full version with drums and bass… and vocals?

Digger

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback and i having messing with dialing back the treble a bit to warm the tone. In terms of vocals, not decided yet as it is not my forte and i would need to acquire a good mic…we shall see

This is the final recording of this project to learn Metallica’s Nothing Else Matters song with my friend Craig on bass and myself on Fender Stratocaster. Love how it turned out and was a fun learning experience.

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (cover) - YouTube

10 Likes

Sounded great, Zoltan! Seemed like you really nailed it. Well done! :clap: Shame no video of you playing this time though :wink: Also reckon you could have totally slayed that solo! Next time eh? :guitar::metal::smile:

1 Like

That’s really neat Zoltan

Great stuff :metal:

1 Like

Very nice! One of my all-time favourite tracks.

Out of curiosity, did you record together with the bassist, or get the bass track down and then record your guitar over the top?

1 Like