Iron Man- my first AVOYP😳

Hi Everyone.
My first AVOYP ever. Had 2 short videos in my introduction. But this is my first recording of me playing a song.
I have played for about 1 year now.
Hope you enjoy, constructive and helpful tips is welcome.

Tuva :metal:

31 Likes

@Tuvaskontorp nice playing Tuva. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Tuva,
:metal: :sunglasses: :clap:
That is some heavy …beep,uhh…sweet music :sweat_smile:
those chords with those loose notes (licks) in between…nice job :smiley: :sunglasses:…keep it up…
there’s a bright future on guitar waiting for you (what, you’re already doing it)

And I see that your fender has been in the sun a bit too long, it has turned brown and changed shape :blush:
The changeguitarfamily the change more easier than socks :rofl: …great sound too :metal:

Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Thank you! I just got a new guitar today! Its a epiphone les paul slash! I like it so far its a bit different from my fender cause the fretboard is closer to the body so it makes it kinda harder to play on for me but i really like playing on it, but we bought the guitar because my dad wanted to start playing electric instead of acoustic but he finds it very hard :joy:

Thanks for the support :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you tony!

I had this idea @roger_holland that i wanted to play along with her on an electric, should be easy enough… turns out its not! :see_no_evil::rofl: so now im trying to learn power chords and a Megadeath riff… she is miles and miles ahead of me after just 1 year. But hey. Maybe i can learn a thing or two from her timing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
that makes it even better … playing something like that on a brand new and clearly different guitar :clap: :sunglasses:

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: no chance that he will keep it up for long … but if it succeeds a bit, it’s all thanks to you :laughing:
Have a world of fun together :sunglasses:
Greetings…

See above… :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Hahahahaha!!! You are absolutly right!

Great :exclamation: Love it :exclamation: Keep on rocking :exclamation: :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is awesome in every sense of the word! Nice one Tuva :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Tuva! First thing I saw: that isn’t the nice Fender Strat I remember! That girl got a fine LP too! Good to have a daddy like @tRONd! And even better, if you can play together?
Amazing playing after only one year. Tuva, you are on your way! :hugs: :clap:t4: :clap:t4: Show your dad how to catch up! Enjoy the new guitar! I’m getting a serious GAS attack…

1 Like

Hi Tuva,

What an excellent first showing for uploading a video you did amazing with this song. Ozzy would be proud. The way you use the full guitar neck playing up and down is amazing, especially for just a year’s experience. The only suggestion is to work towards looking up some of the time while playing. It is easier said than done when your fingers are moving around the guitar frets. Justin mentioned that in one of his lessons, level 2 I think and it makes sense to me. Overall very impressed. Great job

Jeff from California

1 Like

Oh :exclamation: New guitar today :exclamation: :exclamation: Happy NGD :exclamation: :exclamation: :partying_face: :grinning: :champagne: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Trond,

My daughter mastered a song quicker than me with only 10 weeks of playing and at age 10. I feel you there. Your daughter is amazing and I’m sure you’re very proud.old farts like me take much longer to learn this stuff :rofl:

1 Like

Hahaha… they are just so much quicker than us oldtimers to learn Jeff.
Its just the reality of it.

If young people practise wisely and regulary we dont stand a chance keeping up.

But i am still a little bit shocked on how quckly that went :rofl::rofl::rofl: and yes… could not be any prouder! :grin:

Really enjoyed your playing Tuva. A song just under 6 minute from memory is fantastic.

She’ll need a Roadie to pack her gear when she becomes the lead guitarist in an all girl Heavy Metal Band. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Tuva. Congrats on your first AVOYP. Awesome song, really well played. Sounded excellent. Love playing this song myself

1 Like

Hi Tuva,

only one word: A-Freakin-MAZING! :star_struck: :+1: :clap:

That is very impressive, switching between the licks and rhythm part, you did just great. Your timing is excellent - you are doing great! You rock, you are a very talented young lady! :metal: :guitar:

I’m really looking forward to hearing more of you!

1 Like

Tuva, that was fantastic!!! Thank you so much for sharing :grinning:

1 Like