James Taylor - Sweet Baby James (Cover)

To be honest with you I disagree but I know that wont change your mind so wont persist. I wish you good luck in your playing.

Hey CYP! I liked this alot, you have such a smooth voice, I wish mine were like that lol, mine can get kinda scratchy… probably from me smoking. Good job!

1 Like

Any examples perhaps except single post from LB? You mentioned a lot.

Really good Iain, I enjoyed that. Please keep posting your covers as you have a lot to offer here. I think it’s all too easy to take the wrong meaning/vibe when communicating on a forum. I find this is a really supportive environment to post songs and the replies are always well meant.

2 Likes

Love your voice…Love your playing…

1 Like

@adi_mrok do you have anything to say about the cover? Yeah… thought so buddy.
As I say, everyone can make their own minds up.
So kind of you to “reciprocate”

Thank you so much for sharing! I can tell you have put in the work to get all those chord changes down and be in the rhythm of the song. :grinning:

1 Like

Iain that was another fine performance. You introduced me to a song that I’ve somehow never heard. I’ve just read your learning log and would be interested to know how you’re getting on with your learning journey.

1 Like

Really nice tone and good selection. Wish I could play that well but it will be further along in my journey before I am that good.

1 Like

Was just reading through this post. Please dont go CYP! I know sometimes people get busy and dont comment on others posts, im guilty of it to but i try to when i can. I know everyone here wants their music heard for sure. I mean thats why we are all here for right, to listen and share! Don’t go cus i love your covers alot!

1 Like

I really enjoyed your cover of this song, Iain, another one for my ‘to learn’ list now lol. Check out some lessons on Fire & Rain, the 2 best IMO are Justin’s, and Jerry’s Guitar Bar. The intro is definitely tricky, for the timing (for me anyway), but the verses and chorus are not too bad at all.

1 Like

Iain - You do you… but whatever you decide… I won’t miss your covers cos I’m subscribed… Keep them coming.

2 Likes

hey lain,
a very beautiful and romantic song.
your cover is just great.
I listened to it twice with pleasure, thanks for sharing!
Leo

1 Like

Always a pleasure. Well played and sung.

I need to change mine, too. I keep putting it off.

1 Like

Well done, sir! Kudos to you for having the voice to pull off this song. Playing was spot on as usual. Total package my friend!

1 Like

That was just wonderful.

I don’t know many JT songs but I really enjoyed this.

Thanks for sharing Iain, lovely playing and singing, as always.

1 Like

Bravo! I love James Taylor and you really did it justice. Great vocals.

1 Like

Loved it. Beautifully sung and nicely played. I also love JT. Keep playing and recording his songs and you will never go wrong.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Hi @RonG
Thanks so much for listening and I really appreciate your kind words. You’re right, you can’t really go wrong with JT!
Please subscribe to my channel if you want to hear more of my covers. I don’t post videos in this forum anymore :+1:
Best, CYPGMB