Jeff - JG songs project (Brown Sugar ... added on 21 April 2023)

Ah terrific Jeff! It made me turn the volume up and blow my eardrums apart. Again :rofl:

1 Like

Two terrific tracks there Jeff. I enjoyed listening to them, especially the Blink track.

1 Like

Green Day - Basket Case

Here’s my rendition of another punk classic - Basket Case by Green Day. I don’t have any special affinity for the genre, yet I seem to be systematically picking out punk songs. Next time I’ll try something different from Grade 4, that’s a promise.

4 Likes

Very well played Jeff definitely following Green Day to the bone guitar wise, cool!

1 Like

That was really good Jeff. You’ve really captured the Green Day vibe.

1 Like

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

This Grade 4 song was a little harder than the previous ones that are mostly power chord driven. The chords in Californication are fairly easy, but the rhythm in the solo is a bit more challenging.

4 Likes

That was excellent Jeff. Great work on the solo as well.

1 Like

Cat Stevens - Wild World

My first try at recording an acoustic piece. What a fun tune to play!

4 Likes

This sounded fantastic!

1 Like

Great playing and singing there Jeff. Nice mixing of fingerstyle and strumming. From a personal point of view I felt it didn’t need the backing track.

1 Like

Oh my, that’s definitely Cat on the vocals. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

So I’ve decided to attempt a Grade 5 song. I love this tune, but it has a few tricky rhythm parts. The acoustic version is great, but I still prefer the electric one. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I loved it Jeff. Some very sweet playing there and what a great song.

1 Like

Aw man, that was super cool, Jeff! :metal: Your playing and tone sounded spot on! And I’m with you, always preferred the electric version. STP’s debut was huge for me when it came out, listened to it until the tape wore out then got the CD :joy: This was definitely one of my fav tracks off the album and you nailed my friend!! Awesome stuff!! :metal::sunglasses: l

1 Like

Super!

What are the setting used in the Anarchy in Uk’s cover?
I would love to achieve that beefy Jonesy’s tone. I actually use the crunch channel and the phaser for this song, but i still lack that massive tone. Of course i don’t have a Custom Les Paul lmao, but with the Katana we can really achieve something that is more than acceptable even with cheap guitars.

Sounds fantastic! Ultra precise playing, plus a tone to die for.

1 Like

Awesome stuff with Plush, i love the tones that you achieve with your covers.

1 Like

David Bowie - Space Oddity

Oh boy, it’s finally there. My first cover including vocals. This is way out of my comfort zone, but the good people of this community inspired me to take the challenge. It’s probably the most ‘honest’ take I’ve done so far, because there’s no hiding behind a big wall of distortion. :slight_smile:

Space Oddity is one of my favorite Bowie songs and I wanted to do this one for a long time. I hope he’s proud of me up there. I hope you’ll enjoy it too!

1 Like

Hey Jeff,

Very enjoyable listen mate. My first sounds this morning at 0550hrs. Smooth and fluid, with a real feel of the original classic. Great vocals to top it off.
:clap:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Jeff unplugged. I loved it, really stripped back and the vocals were great. It just goes to show that you don’t hide behind a wall of distortion at all. Just a great guitar player.