JGC Open Mic XX / 20 Call For Interest

Can you confirm your UTC time zone please. :sunglasses:

Hi Toby, I’d like to be among the performers this time :smiley:. UTC+1 :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

I’m in the UK so UTC+1 at the moment but in November we will be UTC 00, back to GMT

1 Like

Hey, Toby! I am interested in performing one song, accompanied by Zachary. UTC -4. THANKS

2 Likes

I think GA will be UTC - 5 as clocks go back the weekend before the show. :wink:

Gotcha! I have never dealt with UTC before! Have a nice weekend, Toby.

1 Like

Can I have a seat in the stalls please Toby? UK time.

1 Like

Not the mosh pit ??

1 Like

Mods don’t do mosh pits! :wink:

1 Like

Can I get a performer spot please, Toby? UTC -4

2 Likes

Hi David, I had never heard this before, TBH I never really gave Jethro Tull much of a listen, but I did like this song when I listened today but I think it would suit @brianlarsen OM style better than mine

Friday sweep.

Into the Performance Pot :

@nicolekkb
@brucie (& Zachary)
@toshs Tosh think you might actually be UCT - 5 after clock change, can you verify ?

Audience :

@steveg1xb
@madmodmcd

1 Like

What ??? :scream: :scream_cat: :scream_cat: :scream:

Yep, we will move to UTC -5 with the daylight savings time change. thanks for catching!

1 Like

It is true. There was not much music played in my family when I was young, I had no siblings to introduce me to music and my friends were mainly into sports like me so basically if a song was not on TOTPs then I would never hear it. So there is a lot of music than I never got exposed to in those years that given my age you would have expected me to have been listening to

1 Like

Never too late. I think you’d like their music.:sunglasses:

@eric.lennon I think Tull at their best are worth a listen, Eric. Songs From the Wood and Aqualung the two albums from my teen years.

I made the reply with tongue firmly in cheek, not seriously thinking you’d do it. It was the first Christmas song that came to mind that was not a carol. Now I think about it Chuck Berry’s Run Rudolph Run would be more up your street.

2 Likes

Audience again for me please Toby. I’ll be UTC +0 by then, I think.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind having a jam if you guys have room :+1:

1 Like

@eric.lennon May I recommend the Tull album I had as a teenager - M.U. - The Best of Jethro Tull. One of the songs I first heard on there is still one of my “Desert Island Discs” - Locomotive Breath

2 Likes