JGC Open Mic XXII / 22 Call For Interest

JustinGuitar Community Open Mic 22 - Saturday, 2nd March 2024 @ 1900 UTC

Register now to join the audience or be considered as a performer at the next JustinGuitar Community Open Mic.

Read on!

Please note we have made some changes for 2024, so read on but read on carefully.

Where?

Online via Zoom.

When?

Open Mic 22 - Saturday, 2nd March 2024 @ 1900 UTC

Audience registration

Getting a seat in the audience is simple. Just reply to this thread stating your wish to attend. The Zoom link will be distributed one week before the event.

Performers

There are fifteen performer slots available with an opportunity to play one or two songs. Please state your wish to be considered for a slot in a reply to this topic. Remember to state your location & UTC time zone.

Performer slots are available according to the following criteria.

• We ask that performers be actively engaged members who embody the positive and supportive pay-it-forward ethos we have long nurtured within the Community.
  • We ask that performers have made an Introductory topic, ideally including some information about their learning path with JustinGuitar.
  • We ask that performers have shared audio-video of their playing in the Community Recordings section, recorded since becoming a Community member.*
  • We ask that performers have previously attended Open Mics as an audience member.

The performer application window closes approximately 4 weeks before the show (5th February) after which a final list of performers will be published. If the number of potential performers exceeds our limit we may need to disappoint some people - although regular performers often express their willingness to step aside and allow newer performers their chance. We do try to give all who express an interest the opportunity to perform.

More info
Some helpful links, especially for performers:

Thanks for your interest in the Community Open Mic. We look forward to seeing you there!

9 Likes

Hi Toby, would love a performer slot please UTC-8

2 Likes

I’m in for a performer slot please Toby. (UTC±0)

I do have a noob question - has it ever happened that 2 performers have planned to do the same song at the same OM? I’d hate to be the second on in that case, especially if the first performance was at the usual high standard!

2 Likes

Only once and 3 folks did the same song and all were subtly different. Nothing to see here. :rofl:

4 Likes

:astonished: Wow! :exploding_head:

1 Like

I’d love to have a performer slot if possible.
Happy to stand aside if needed also

2 Likes

I think it’s about time… :face_with_peeking_eye:

I’d like to apply for a performer slot, Toby. :slight_smile:

Should still be UTC +1 beginning of March. :thinking:

Oh my gosh, what have I done? :rofl:

16 Likes

Good for you, @Lisa_S … :+1:t2:

Yes please Toby.
Performing
UTC

2 Likes

Hey Toby, would like a performer slot please.
UTC-8
As always, happy to step aside for debuts, or others who haven’t played as often.

-Dale

3 Likes

Audience please Toby

1 Like

Thanks again Toby. Performance for Lara and myself please. Will step aside should it be required. UTC 0.

1 Like

What was that song! I remember it was a great one.

1 Like

OM8

And actually two duplicates, never happened since. Though I recall at one OM the set before @LievenDV did the song he planned and he just pulled another out there and then, such is the man !

Eric
Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out
Have You Ever Seen The Rain

Mari (& Krista) Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out

Mark & Jen Have You Ever Seen The Rain

2 Likes

Happy to perform again @TheMadman_tobyjenner IF I won’t be taking a spot from a debutante that wants to play. . .space for first timers should be a priority in my opinion . . .will be good for 2 songs if space allows. . .totally flexible to do one less or even one more. . . :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I would like to register for audience, please.

1 Like

Hey Toby - I’d like to perform again if possible - However, I will gladly step down to make room for any debutant. UK / UTC 0.

2 Likes

Audience please :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Toby, can you put me down as a “last resort performer”.

I should be playing another gig on that night but I’ll get the official confirmation mid-February.

So if there’s enough interest from others, I’ll just take the audience seat but if there’s space, put me on but with a chance of dropping last minute (well about two weeks before the show to be précise).

2 Likes

Audience please Toby UTC+0

1 Like

Toby

Please may I join the audience for Open Mic XXII?

I’m in the UK.

Brian

1 Like