JGC Open Mic XXIV / 24 Call For Interest

Register now to join the audience or be considered as a performer at the next JustinGuitar Community Open Mic.

Read on!

Please note we have made some changes for 2024, so read on but read on carefully.

Where?

Online via Zoom.

When?

Open Mic XXIV/ 24 Saturday 25th May 2024 @ 1900 UTC

Audience registration

Getting a seat in the audience is simple. Just reply to this thread stating your wish to attend. The Zoom link will be distributed one week before the event.

Performers

There are fifteen performer slots available with an opportunity to play one or two songs. Please state your wish to be considered for a slot in a reply to this topic. Remember to state your location & UTC time zone.

Performer slots are available according to the following criteria.

• We ask that performers be actively engaged members who embody the positive and supportive pay-it-forward ethos we have long nurtured within the Community.
  • We ask that performers have made an Introductory topic , ideally including some information about their learning path with JustinGuitar.
  • We ask that performers have shared audio-video of their playing in the Community Recordings section, recorded since becoming a Community member.*
  • We ask that performers have previously attended Open Mics as an audience member.

The performer application window closes 29th April @ 1900 UTC (approximately 4 weeks before the show) after which a final list of performers will be published. If the number of potential performers exceeds our limit we may need to disappoint some people - although regular performers often express their willingness to step aside and allow newer performers their chance. We do try to give all who express an interest the opportunity to perform.

More info
Some helpful links, especially for performers:

Thanks for your interest in the Community Open Mic. We look forward to seeing you there!

4 Likes

Hi Toby -

Could I put my name in the performer pot please? Happy to step down for others who haven’t played recently. UK time.

cheers!
Paul.

1 Like

Hi Toby, could I get a performer slot please? (Should be with full DyeV crew this time) UTC-7

1 Like

Audience please Toby. UK time. :+1:

1 Like

I’m happy to play a couple of new tunes, if there is space. UTC+3

1 Like

Hi Toby, Lara and myself will do two songs please. Will step down should it be too full. UTC+1
Thanks again. :smiley:

1 Like

Please put our hats in the ring Toby. We will be able to do a couple if there is room. Thanks!

1 Like

Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner

Time to put my head above the parapet and request a performing slot.

Been working on a couple of songs I would do if selected. UTC +1

Michael

4 Likes

Hi Toby! I would like to be in the audience please. UTC-7

1 Like

Audience please, Toby UTC+1

1 Like

A seat in the audience please Toby, UTC+1.

1 Like

Hi Toby, I would like to perform on this one. UTC-4. It would be one song only and I’m ready to step down if newer or less frequent participants could use the spot. I have a potential conflict with the date. Hopefully I can know for sure before the performer application window closes, but for now I’m in.

1 Like

Audience, please. UTC -5

1 Like

Toby

Please may I join the audience for this?

Brian (UK, UTC +1)

1 Like

Could I get an audience spot please Toby

UTC + 1

1 Like

Please include me in the audience Toby.
Steve

1 Like

Hi Toby - Can you put my name down as a performer please? I’ve missed the last couple and would love to get back into it. 2 songs please. UTC -4

3 Likes

Hi Toby
Can I have an audience seat again please :slight_smile:
Thank you :sunflower:

1 Like

Hi Toby, I’d be interested to take a performer slot please, best to stick with one song I think!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Toby, been off the guitar for a while now due to family stuff, it looks like being a bit calmer now so I would like to join as a performer for this OM if possible. Just watched the last OM, good to see you back performing. Cheer Eric

1 Like