Joe Satriani - COVER by Mike Sebastian P

Hi all! I want to invite you to listen to my new cover. At first I planned to record it in video format, but due to recent sad events, I decided to do it simply in audio format. I mainly recorded and mixed it when I was at home with Covid 19, …it was a bad time.
All the instruments here are “live”, guitars, bass guitar and percussion,
which I recorded on an old microphone by clapping my hands and also with the help of a jar of sea salt, it suited my task most of all, although before that I had tried a lot of any kitchen cereals such as rice, buckwheat,
but sea salt won this competition :slight_smile:
I hope you enjoy it.
Good luck and peace to all!!!

14 Likes

Outstanding as always, Mike. Exceptional playing, tones, and enjoyed the creative percussion.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Sad times indeed! Much could be said, but as per forum regulation I’ll focus just on the music… although I wholeheartedly agree with your wish for peace to all!!

Anyway, great and creative rendition of this beautiful Satriani tune. Salt shaker sounded surprisingly well, but this just goes to show it’s not about the gear. Nice and fitting guitar tone. I could hear a few places where you put your own spin on the licks, but they all worked well. Overall a great sounding recording. Well done!

(PS; Home with Covid as well. After having dodged it for 2 years I finally got unlucky, after having a foreign exchange student living with us for a week. So far it’s not too bad, so hopefully it’ll be an easy and mild case)

Take care,
Kasper

2 Likes

Take it easy and get well quickly, Kasper.

1 Like

Sad times indeed Mike however music has no place in politics, it’s a universal language.
This is a piece that I always wanted to learn but never got past where the legato starts :crazy_face:
Always with me always with you, Flying in a blue dream and Satch boogie are my favourites, so you hit No. 1 with this, and what a joy to listen to it! There was a couple of parts where you improvised a bit but nothing wrong with that, it was in keeping with the piece so all good!
Peace be with you!

1 Like

Whoa Mike that was stunning, if you had not had posted it here, I would have taken it for a “What Are You Listening To” post !! Things I can’t say but be well. Good to know other things are in the pipeline :wink: Shhhh !! Can’t wait but this was really better than stunning. Awesome.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow! Making it sing baby! The talent and then the patience to bring it all together slaving over your DAW. Super job sir!…Rod

1 Like

Absolutely brilliant, Mikhail! The background to your recording is immense. Thanks for posting this.

“Good luck and peace to all!”…Amen to that.

1 Like

Wow that was terrific Mikhail. The playing and production was of a professional standard. I loved the listen. Well done.

1 Like

What a marvellous piece of inventiveness and music Mike.

I wish you Well dear friend.

1 Like

First let’s get a couple of things out of the way. I never get invited anywhere these days, so that was cool. Second, I hope you are doing better now and are back on the mend.

This track was stunning, really well played, a full musical tapestry. Very rich and creamy. Pure butter! Loved it, well done sir!

1 Like

Mike that was really incredible, such a feeling you have, I can’t believe the notes and sound you find. I wish you well, and peace.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that too Kasper, I also hope it’s quick and mild . Take care.

That was amazing, Mike. Really enjoyed listening to that, thanks for posting.

1 Like

Great production :smiley:
Great playing of course as well!

1 Like

Wow, insanely good. I’ve been a Satch fan for years and must have listened to that song 100 times. You’re an inspiration for where I want to get to.

When you say you recorded these live - was it with different musicians or did you do all tracks yourself laying them down one at a time in your DAW?

1 Like

Hello Mike,
I’m a fan of Joe Satriani and you might as well just be his son :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Greetings ,Rogier

2 Likes

JK it will be Mike on his own multi tracking :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wow that was crazy amazing! Good job man! Way out of my league lol. Keep it up!

1 Like

Absolutely marvelous.

1 Like