Joe Satriani in concert

Yesterday evening, I’ve been to Joe Satriani’s concert in Vienna and had a fantastic time :star_struck:. Unbelievable what this man is able to do with his guitar :astonished: .

It was an absolutely great night - surrounded by lots of other guitar addicts :sweat_smile::guitar:.

14 Likes

Inspirational!
:+1::+1:

1 Like

Nicole, so cool! It must have been a great show. Learning guitar helps us appreciate such talent so much more now.

I’m checking off two artists on my bucket list this year. I have tickets for Tommy Emanuel in November in Dallas and John Bonamassa in August. The Bonamassa show is a double treat because it’s at Red Rock in Colorado.

2 Likes

OMG! I’m insanely jealous :joy:
Great guy to see, yes he’s a real guitar god! I’ve got all of the G3 concerts he’s done on my Spotify playlist! I thing the best one was when he had Steve Vai and Eric Johnson with him, 3 fantastic guitar gods :metal:t2:

1 Like

How awesome. I saw Satch live about 20 years ago, at the time it was the only concert I’d been to where people sat down!

He is so insanely good, and the music he makes is great music. Watching him play live was incredible, I hope you had an awesome time.

2 Likes

Absolutely :smiley: . It was incredible :star_struck:.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw him in concert in '89 at a theater-sized venue in Tokyo, and everyone stayed seated. (That’s not uncommon for Japan, though – at least when I was there.)

2 Likes

Very happy for you!!!

1 Like

Oh! I’m really jealous! Satriani is one of my big 3. (Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen)

Well, I’m jealous and happy for you :slight_smile: . What a show you must have watched.

This reminds me that I had tickets for Yngwie Malmsteen, but the concert got canceled :frowning: .

1 Like

And, I’m afraid, that’s not uncommon for Austria, too :face_with_peeking_eye:. It was just when they played the encore, that the audience stood up :sweat_smile:.

Thank you, @ReneAsologuitar :hugs:.

1 Like

Hi Edgar @Rumil, the show in Vienna had been postponed twice. But that was good in my case, otherwise he had come to Austria already in 2020 - at that time I didn’t even have a clue who Joe Satriani was :sweat_smile:.

But I’m quite sure, he’ll come to Spain again :grinning:.

1 Like

Wow! That’s awesome Nicole!! It would have been an amazing night!

1 Like

Hi Jax @JasmineJ , it definitely was :star_struck:.
Being at a rock concert without any singer - and not missing a singer at all due to this amazing guitar playing - is a very special experience :smiley:.

1 Like

And now you’re surfing with the aliens ! :rofl: Must have been a great concert and inspirational, especially with that move to electric. :+1:

:sunglasses:

That night, I felt like an alien not only for attending this concert, but especially for attending this concert being female :rofl:. I guess about 90%of the audience were male :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Hi Nicole.
Great to have been there :sunglasses: …from my earlier years I do remember that the female species are not present in the right proportions at hard rock/metal concerts,I wonder what Freud has to say about that :roll_eyes::grin:
Greetings…

1 Like

@roger_holland If I were in search of a new partner, this would have been the right place :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:
True and sure…the horror of discovering you’re dating a piano player after a few weeks, :scream: :hot_face::joy:

1 Like

Hope so! :heart_eyes:

1 Like