Justinguitar Clubs - a few questions

also i do like blues as well as rock new and classic but mostly i like the sense of accomplishment and achieving goals and theres always that love of music i have

1 Like

@laryne Hi Laryne lots of questions about kick off time and much confusion. It reminds me why I specify to folk in the DMs their local start times when organising the Open Mic. But way to big an overhead to be doing that here ! Going forward would it be possible to add a rider stating that all times expressed are “user local time” or words to that effect. :thinking:

5 Likes

Hey, I tried to join the session this evening, but Zoom just prompted me for a passcode to enter - I can’t find a code in any of the emails. I’m doing something wrong clearly, so any pointers would be appreciated for next time (I’ll catch up on the recording from tonight’s session)!

Really good session in the first club outing Blues Club #1. Only down side for me is that I could not locate Chat, despite directions from @Richard_close2u. If I minimised my screen and hit the three dot hamburger Q&A was the only option. Chat was not visible. Was this just me ? :sunglasses:

1 Like

No I couldn’t find chat either Toby. Only the q & a button.

1 Like

No i couldn’t find it either and no homework for @sairfingers

2 Likes

The session was interesting enough up to a point, but there wasn’t anything said or demonstrated that can’t be found in the JG lessons website.

2 Likes

There were a lot of people in attendance. It would have been worthwhile making reference to the community as a lot of treasure information here too and a supportive network.

1 Like

I didn’t get thru all of the answers @Richard_close2u entered. I hope there will be a transcript available with the recording so I can check for stuff I’d like to look into.

@sairfingers but I also get the impression there are a lot of folk who don’t follow the programme, follow the YouTube videos and social media.

1 Like

I also found that the q&a box didn’t autoscroll so without scrolling down it didn’t look like any further questions were being asked. @Richard_close2u did a great job answering and filtering the questions

2 Likes

We maxed about 860 peeps but I thought the invite was to Community members, so there’s a lot of folks loitering in the wings by the looks of it. I did a quick trawl through participants and a lot of non regulars were listed.

Justin posted about it on Instagram today.

I think they only had chat set up for hosts., which is why Richard could see it.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner there was a Youtube video for the clubs this morning

As just starting out on my Blues journey, this was a very interesting session to me. I think, I’ve finally understood what a lick is :grin:.

6 Likes

When I signed up for the Club I clicked that I wanted to join the WhatsApp group as I thought it would be used to send out updates and important info. This morning I woke up to loads of inane messages from users. Also when I checked to see who all the members were, everyone’s phone number was listed beside their name. I’ve removed myself from the WhatsApp group!

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you @NicoleKKB so it came just at the right time as I start working up vocabulary and learning to bend etc.

1 Like

Same here Gordon. Funny thing was I joined the WhatsApp Group on the weekend and on the Monday I got a lot of spam calls. I put it down as a coincidence.

2 Likes

Hi, I reserved a spot in this evenings Zoom meeting but didn’t get a code to join.
I got an email telling me I was in but couldn’t join as had no code.
Any idea what I did wrong?

2 Likes

yup me to. Maybe we didn’t get a spot after all

1 Like