JustinGuitar Community Open Mic Merchandise now available!

Thanks Richard, I did see that! I was (somewhat naughtily :clown_face:) referring specifically @Stuartw Stuart’s tongue-in-cheek request for a shirt that refers to not being in possession of certain spherical objects that may or may provide the confidence boost one might need to play at an Open Mic. :innocent: I won’t pull any further on that string! (Sheesh, now I’m just mixing metaphors.) :rofl:

2 Likes

I ordered the community shirt (and another shirt) from the merch store, they arrived pretty quickly and sadly I have to say I’m pretty disappointed in the quality.

They arrived so quickly, via Australia Post, they must have been printed in Australia via an affiliate. Assumedly to fulfill my order, rather than carrying stock?

The t shirts are very, very thin, and the print quality is dubious. I’ve had better quality from ebay or freebies from trade shows. Very, very distant from the quality of the normal t shirts I wear (which are not expensive). The brand of shirt they ended up being printed on is Bella Canvas if that matters.

However I don’t think I’ve ever ordered custom-merch online before. So maybe this is normal? What is the quality of other people’s shirts like (e.g. in the UK)?

Just bummed because they’re not exactly cheap shirts.

JK.

Please contact Laryne about this.
I will send her a message too.
I’m sure she will help out.
We categorically do not want poor quality and unhappy folk.
@larynejg

1 Like

I have sent Laryne (and Justin) a message.

In the meantime, on behalf of the team I’m going to apologise that the T-shirts are not up to standard. I will allow Laryne to take this up now.
Hopefully the issue can be sorted asap.

1 Like

Hi Jk,
Mine is of a good quality :sunglasses:

you can argue about what’s in it :joy:
Community shirt

greetings…

3 Likes

Thanks Richard, I wasn’t sure if my expectations were out of whack with what is normal for merch stores.

1 Like

Hmm. I ordered a t-shirt and a hoodie few days back. Hope its an aussie problem :flushed:

1 Like

JK mine came from Spain and “Fruit of the Loom” quality. Sounds like it could be a local issue to oz.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Ah, so definitely different shirts in different places then.

1 Like

The shirt I ordered a few weeks ago looks fine. It’s made by Bella Canvas in Guatemala.
There are some more arriving soon so I’ll keep an eye out, but I never had any issues with quality.

Fruit of the loom are classic shirts in EU used for custom made prints, cheap as chips and proper quality IMO :+1:

1 Like

I might just draw something on one of my Costco white Tees (great quality & size) and make a donation to Justin for the use of his brand :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi there!

Sorry to hear the t-shirts didn’t meet your expectation; although they’re printed on demand, and as close to the final destination as possible, we aim for the best products available for our price range.

But nothing to worry about - we’re happy to offer you a full refund - please contact me at laryne@justinguitar.com, and I’ll sort it out for you. We don’t want an unhappy customer!

Ps.: and to clarify, all t-shirts are Bella+Canvas - no matter where we print them out.

Best wishes,
Laryne

2 Likes

JK

Just seen @larynejg reply. If you take the refund, I’ll happily order an EU sourced T and ship to Oz and we can split the p&p via PayPal if that’s a goer ?

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey @jkahn & @larynejg , I have t-shirt out for delivery at the moment from the Australian supplier so will let you know the quality, in case it is indicative of a supplier issue there :slight_smile:
I’ve got loads of t-shirts from NZ & some Aussie bands, picked up at gigs and online, so if there is a significant difference to what I’d generally expect from those, I should be able to tell fairly easily.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer Laryne, I’ll keep the shirts, no need for a refund, I’d rather not put Justin & team out. I donate anyway so it’s just an extra donation then.

I dug through my wardrobe and found another Bella+Canvas shirt that my wife had bought for me (ordered online with car art on it). Also super thin material, I can see through it like the Justin ones. Print quality was better though. The Justin ones are “OK”.

Maybe my expectations are just too high, I’m a t-shirt snob or something.

Thanks for the offer Toby, Laryne edited her post and mentioned that they’re the same kind of shirts everywhere now.

2 Likes

JK, out of interest what colour shirt did you get. Was it one of the heather ones?

Mine in the US is heather green, it is not a pure cotton, but contains polyester, written in the description, but a different weight isn’t called out explicitly. I suspect that that allows them to make a lighter weight. So not a direct comparison to pure cotton shirts. It did feel very thin when I opened it.

Having worn and washed mine a few times, they do seem like decent shirts. (at least in the US)

1 Like

Black of course, the best colour.

2 Likes

Ok so none of my comments count. :clown_face:

1 Like

@jkahn - I will open a ticket with Printful about a quality issue with the printing and let you know when I hear back. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

1 Like