JustinGuitar Community Open Mic Merchandise now available!

The JustinGuitar Open Mic have become a treasured event and a real highlight of Community life and engagement since the very first one on 23 March 2021. All events had been hosted on a work licence kindly ‘donated’ but this was not a sustainable option. In January 2023 there was behind-the-scenes discussion about the Community funding a Zoom Pro licence for the Open Mic events. A decision was made to crowdfund the purchase of a licence within the Community. The target total was met within just a few hours and many others wanting to contribute missed the opportunity due to the rapid responses and overwhelming generosity of so many. Topic here.

As part of the discussions re: funding the licence, I had the idea of creating and selling T-shirts through the JustinGuitar merchandise store and came up with a hastily drafted design to illustrate the concept.

The idea gained some traction, I raised it at a JustinGuitar team meeting, and lo and behold, thanks to input and design work from the team (@babs91 especially) we are happy to announce that the idea has become reality.

A few samples …

-
-

NOTE:
All monies raised will contribute to funding Zoom annual licences on a continuing basis in the first instance. Any additional monies raised will be available for other Open Mic or Community initiatives. @larynejg will make an announcement around this in the coming newsletter and she intends maintaining a full and separate financial record.

How cool is that.

:sunglasses:

27 Likes

Build it and they will come :wink:

2 Likes

It’s so cool that it may also positively influence global warming :laughing:

4 Likes

Can you do one that says " I don’t have the balls to play at a Justin Guitar Open Mic event"?

15 Likes

No but there could be a line in “Your Time Will Come. Be patient Grasshopper”.
One day Stuart, one day. Keep that dream close to your heart !

4 Likes

I’m building a guillotine at the moment. Please give directions. :rofl:

3 Likes

Convenient just came out when it’s a payday :rofl:

5 Likes

received_168485862347067

2 Likes

Mandatory attire for future Open Mics. Buy now and get ready for Open Mic XVI peeps.
If you are not a newbie and are in the frame for Open Mic XV get your order in and ask for express delivery !!

MMS will stay with the Outlaw Merch :wink:

1 Like

Mark once you get an AOVYP under your belt, even in the Beginners thread, you qualify. Reach for the stars my friend ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Stuartw There are two strands … one reads

I played at a JustinGuitar Open Mic

and the other reads

JustinGuitar Open Mic

That should just about cover everybody!
:wink:

But then something with Justin’s head or logo :upside_down_face:
Okay, this is more of a scary ad than, look at me what I’ve done…

But a super good idea Richard :sunglasses: … Maybe an idea if this will sell well to optional an expensive variant without plastic print, … I know that embroidery is very expensive, but there are also other options … just a question for later when it starts selling like crazy :crossed_fingers:
Greetings Rogier

1 Like

Given shipping duration plus potential need for multiple attempts, it may be OM CVI before I can don the T
:rofl:

OK I succumbed last night and placed an order as a late birthday present for myself. Not sure what the ETA is likely to be but it helps ring fence next years Zoom licence. So all is good.

3 Likes

Very cool idea, Richard!
If you ever plan a subsequent collection, I could need a guitar player’ s sweater for winter with a longsleeve at the left and a short sleeve at the right, without hood (strap tangles up) :wink: I had a lot of frosty practice session in T-Shirts while saving energy. Need my strumming arm uncovered…

1 Like

Hi Andrea,
Staying warm, especially keeping my hands warm is a big problem here…I think your idea is great (that’s not necessarily a good sign, you will know by now :upside_down_face:)…meanwhile you can do this above during your guitar lessons that will keep you warm…

The duck walk

But before it becomes an idea topic I will stop, after all, it was not asked by Richard or team, “start small” :blush:

Greetings…

1 Like

UPDATE

Following requests, some different styles have been introduced.

(sample colours only shown below)

3 Likes

BUMP

Hot on the heels of the open mic from the weekend just gone - with several T-shirts etc. being worn.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Only if it also comes in women’s styles! :rofl:

See the post two above yours!