JGC Xmas Bash 2022 - Livestream No.2

Aw, I’d have loved an audience seat, but we’re out at a gig. Will there be anywhere to catch up with the fun?

1 Like

Well I’ve never attended any of these open mics. Though, I’ve watched quite a few and gave my feedback on the forum. So it’s about time I attended one. @adi_mrok this is not a gateway into performing in an OM yet :wink:

2 Likes

Hi! I’d like to join you from Washington, DC.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, will anything be different about this open mic resulting from using ‘Streamyard’. Other than having Justin as the host am I correct this is just a additional open mic in addition to the monthly ones we have been having? Looking forward to learning the final 12 (Unfortunately I don’t have to worry about the open mic interfering with required World Cup Viewing)

1 Like

James baby steps as they call it, good to see you are slowly getting the courage to step in! :grinning:

2 Likes

John in answer to your question, this is entirely separate from the JGC Open Mic, which will resume in January with OM 13/XIII - I will issue the CFI after this event and dates for 2023.

Without going into too much details there are some differences between the Streamyard and Zoom experience on the night. You can see Justin’s first here The JustinGuitar Show

Hope that help, see you in a week.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

:flushed:
Hi Brian, You’re probably already busy canceling words,… :roll_eyes::joy:

4 Likes

Hi Richard, How do we send the intro? Do we send the intro to you?

1 Like

FAO

1] @TheMadman_tobyjenner
2] @Malz
3] @brianlarsen
4] @jestersea
5] @dobleA
6] @Rod58
7] @adi_mrok
8] @TheCluelessLuthier
9] @Notter
10] @Charlie_James
11] @Traveler
12] @DonnatheDead
13] @John_in_Dot
14] Trent c/o @tsblack
15] @Jenndye429

Please direct message me with your bios.

Please write a short bio for Justin to use when introducing you.

Justin would like:

• Your location (where in the world)
  • The song / tune you will be performing
  • A brief bio (50 words or less) giving a little of your back story re: learning and playing guitar.

I hope that we can maybe accommodate all requests to perform.
When the cut-off limit of 12 was decided upon, we perhaps anticipated the numbers would be much greater.
15 performer slots within the allocated time could work.
I will announce asap.

Thanks

Richard

Please direct message me with your bios.

2 Likes

au contraire mon ami :wink:
I possess a short pencil and an long tongue :laughing:
I might have to control myself if we’re slightly ‘overbooked’

@TheCluelessLuthier If you click on Richard’s icon, there’s a Message button you can send it to.

4 Likes

Thanks, it is sent out among the electron highway!

1 Like

Of course an escape route, :see_no_evil:…I honestly hadn’t thought of that, :roll_eyes:…well you can talk,…I’ll listen nicely/quietly :innocent:
I won’t make this thread even busier, and wish all preformers a good but especially relaxed preparation and don’t forget the fun…ho ho ho :mrs_claus: :mx_claus: :evergreen_tree: :guitar: :notes:

2 Likes

Hi Richard
Please can you put me down as wanting to be in the audience
Thanks very much
Ruaridh

1 Like

@Richard_close2u with huge apologies, regrettably I’m not going to be in a position to perform next weekend. Won’t go into details but circumstances have meant I’ve not been able to get the right time to get my song sorted out and I don’t want to half a** it for an occasion like this and if there are any potential performers waiting to be added they deserve enough notice to prep. Needless to say I’m gutted, there’s always next year hopefully!

If there’s an audience slot in lieu I’d love to attend still.
Thank you and apologies again!

3 Likes

UPDATE

All of the performers list are good to go.

Brilliant.

Unfortunately @Notter has requested a withdrawal.

We will have 14 performers.

I have 7 bios already.
Please send to me asap.

And put in some practice time of course.

I will private message performers with crucial info in the days ahead.
Cheers
Richard

4 Likes

Thank you for confirming Richard. Looking forward to seeing everyone, performers and audience alike, next Saturday.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

That means I really need to step up my preps! Got my BT sorted out hopefully today final checks tomorrow, now trying to get it running without a jetlag towards stream is going to be a challenge! :scream:

2 Likes

Audience for me, please.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Richard @Richard_close2u. Did you receive my message with the bio? First time creating a direct message so I’m not sure how I can verify if is there.

1 Like

@dobleA :+1: thanks