Kathy's Song

Wow Paul, what a great track. I don’t know why I’m not more familiar with this song I’m a fan of his/theirs.
Your sound was impeccable, beautiful flowing fingerstyle and a great soft meaningful vocal :+1: pure champagne mate, if I am ever able to deliver half that sort of performance I’ll be happy :+1: good work thanks.

Very nicely played, Paul! Enjoyed the fingerstyle & your vocals! Thank you for sharing!

Tod

Thanks very much for the lovely comments Lieven, much appreciated. I’d forgotten how much I liked this material until I started looking at it!

Thanks Craig - there is still plenty in there I need to work on, but I was fairly pleased as I haven’t played much fingerstyle for a while.

Thanks Tod, I think I was lucky to pick a song that suited my limited vocal range.

Really lovely, More please. :slight_smile:

R.

Thanks Rachel!

1 Like

Beautiful fingerstyle playing. I hadn’t heard that S&G song before and I really enjoyed your cover - so smooth and effortless.

I have a similar recording setup - condenser mic to an audio interface to garageband + guitar to amp to garageband. I finally got it working but there’s so much to learn about mixing - sheesh. I thought your mix worked well with guitar and vocals well balanced.

Thanks Mike - appreciate the kind words - indeed recording is a whole other skill!

Wow Paul, that was lovely. The playing and singing were great and I didn’t even notice you adding a couple of beats or looking like you had forgotten the words.

Thanks Stefan, glad I got away with it!

That was excellent. Delicate playing and singing.

Thanks JK :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was really great, Paul! I don’t know a lot of Paul Simon’s work, but I really liked that piece. As someone who gravitated towards fingerpicking, I wouldn’t mind learning this one, and it’s not too challenging for those with a limited vocal range.

I agree with others that we’d like to see a different camera position next time.

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks Kevin!