Kind of an NGD, with a twist

Direct compare via a mic (not pickup) would be interesting I think. We know as you said that the Dread will sound fuller and deeper but still and interesting exercise.
My Yam is a Dready but when I buy next Iā€™ll be looking for something that feels a little more comfortable in the arms, I tend to find mine feels a bit large. I havenā€™t seen the Matons so will check them out next time Iā€™m up at our store. I had my eye on a Cole Clark up till now, but $$$$šŸ˜±

1 Like

Would be keen on hearing the difference.

Note that ā€˜fuller with more bassā€™ is great when you are playing solo.

It may be better if playing with other people to choose the instrument that best fits with other peoples sounds so the more limited range smaller guitar may well work better there

1 Like

@RobDickinson @CD02 Iā€™ll try to do a comparison once the Performer is sorted, and acclimatised.

Craig, I was interested in a Cole Clark as well, as they are beautiful guitars. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve seen better looking acoustics. But unfortunately, I could not find one where I liked the unplugged sound, and their necks felt like baseball bats. Iā€™ve heard they have great pickups too. I love the unplugged sound of the Matons.

The reason I got a Performer over the Mini Maton is because of the unplugged sound as well. Mini Maton was weak unplugged (which makes sense).

[quote=ā€œjkahn, post:23, topic:228312ā€] But unfortunately, I could not find one where I liked the unplugged sound, and their necks felt like baseball bats.
[/quote]

:open_mouth: uhoh! that doesnā€™t sound promising. I have only picked up the odd CC at the shop and loved the sound but never really sat down with them as I wasnā€™t ready to buy. Its the unplugged sound that Iā€™m interested in because that will be its main use. Looking forward to that exercise but have my recording setup to buy first :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Oh boy.
:frowning:
Hereā€™s hoping all the businesses do the business and youā€™re holding a new beauty soon.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Guitars are really personal - to me the CCā€™s didnā€™t have enough resonance, and werenā€™t warm enough. But try them out, you might like them better.

1 Like

Hey JK,

You might be interested. Ryan, a local young guy that lives here in Binningup gigs at a lot of events and venues and I noticed he was using a Maton recently. He uses a SRS70C and has just bought an EM100C that he said he loves.:+1::+1:

1 Like

Wow, he is really quite good! Doing the vocal lines on guitar over a backing track from the sounds of it.

My current Maton is an SRS70C - itā€™s a great guitar, the EM100C is their ultimate dreadnought, must be awesome.

$5500 here, I dont want to even pick it up

1 Like

Heā€™s very good :+1:

Yes, its a shame he doesnā€™t have more on Youtube. Iā€™ve seen him a few times and his playing is quite something. I looked at the SRS series our local stores have a good range :+1:

:rofl: True, I looked it up in Perth stores and decided my playing will probably never warrant that price tag. :joy:

The replacement Maton performer arrived yesterday, this time without any cracks :smiley:

So I am a happy camper now. It feels great to play - as Matons do - although the action is slightly higher than my SRS70C, so Iā€™ll let it adjust to the Brisbane climate and then tweak the truss rod.

7 Likes

Woop woop! Stoked for you buddy! :smiley::+1:
Such a beautiful looking guitar! :star_struck: Canā€™t wait to see it taking a starring role in upcoming AVOYPs & OMs! Enjoy mate! :guitar::metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

Just caught up on your story full of twists, drama and cliffhangers :scream: glad the final destination was a happy place and what a lovely guitar you have! Is tomorrow a grand debut of it? Hope so :grinning:

1 Like

@nzmetal Definitely happy to finally have it now. Itā€™s so much smaller than my dreadnought itā€™s so fun to play, much easier to see what my fingers are doing.

@adi_mrok lol, I was thinking about debuting it tomorrow, but I think Iā€™ll stick with my dreadnought. Itā€™s action is already lifting with the humidity and temperature change from Melbourne to Brisbane, so Iā€™ll stick with old faithful for this one :smiley:. Hopefully youā€™ll spot it on the wall!

2 Likes

Good to see a satisfying end to this tale. Now enjoy :wink:

1 Like

Hi JK ,
Gooood :sweat_smile: :sunglasses:ā€¦ Happy NGD :sunglasses: :partying_face:
I wish you a lot of time together :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Happy NNGD JK. So lovely. I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.

My youngest landed in Brisbane last week. Heā€™s said it is a lovely city and heā€™s really enjoying it there.

Yeah baby! Sheā€™s absolutely stunning JK you must be as relieved as you are pleased! Hope you have a ball getting to know it and canā€™t wait for you to show off in a recording or OM (or both :slight_smile: ) very soon.
Happy NGD!

Now thatā€™s a lot of money for a guitar, especially a most people probably couldnā€™t tell the difference to something a tenth of the price.