Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Bob Dylan - cover

@sclay
Hello Shane, I thank you very much for taking the time to listen to my recording and for your kind words :hugs:.

@Helen0609
Servus Andrea! Vielen Dank für dein so positives Feedback :hugs:.
Regarding the hiccups - it’s not so much that I can hear them all, but I feel them. I’m just sometimes a tiny bit too late. But that’s my personal perfectionism…

YES!!! Although, I’ve no idea how it will fit into the car. (We are 4 people plus luggage.) But it simply has to :sweat_smile:.

I’ve already taken Pics, but hadn’t time to write a post. Will hopefully do it during my holidays :smiling_face:.

@Socio
Hello James, thanks so much for your kind words :hugs:.

Good point. I already use the weak finger G for some songs, but up to now, the chord changes are still a bit shaky, so that I prefer the more complicated version :face_with_peeking_eye:.

2 Likes

Hello Nicole, this is lovely, so gently sung and played :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:…it was a very enjoyable listening! Your strumming skills are coming along very well indeed! :hugs::raised_hands::star_struck:

What a great picture, Rogier please tell me if you arrange one, I wouldn’t miss it and would bring some wine! :heart_eyes::star_struck::guitar::sunglasses::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:

2 Likes

Ciao Silvia!
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen to my recording and your kind words :hugs:.
It’s such a beautiful song. I really like playing it, and I’m so happy that it’s now part of my repertoire :smiley:.

2 Likes

Hi Nicole,
Nice job and I enjoyed your version of Knockin’. This has been done many a time, but I like your spin on it. Good vox and play. You are doing well and progressing well too!

Keep them coming as my ears are open! :slight_smile:

All the best to you as your guitar journey plays out!
LB

1 Like

Hi Nicole, not a lot to add to the above. Sounded good, steady rhythm, the vocals might have been louder, but all enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. See you at the next OM maybe, and happy holidays :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

:clap: Very nice Nicole. I enjoyed that. Lovely vocals. Such a classic and maybe the perfect camp fire song :smiling_face: didn’t notice any strumming/rhythm hiccups. A spontaneous impression from me was that I felt that sometimes the strumming was a little aggressive. Maybe that’s just unavoidable with the high BPM to keep up :grin: Maybe experiment with dialing back on the strumming and let your vocals fill up that space? Just a thought. Wery well done in any case, keep up the good work!

1 Like

@LBro @Malz @dolmgren
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and your feedback. It’s very much appreciated :hugs:.

When covering a song, I think, there is one main question: ‘Do I want to make it sound as similar to the original as possible, or do I try to make my own version of it?’
Well, as I’ll never sound similar to BD - particularly my voice :sweat_smile: - I definitely opted for choice two. Although it would be an exaggeration to say ‘I made it my own’, I feel quite comfortable with my version of the song :smiling_face:.

You’re right, the guitar playing sounds a bit too dominant at the recording. This is also my impression. I think this is a result of my poor recording skills. I have to improve that for my next one :thinking:.

I’ve just signed up :star_struck:.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I don’t think, it’s unavoidable, though. I think, it’s more to do with strumming skills and experience. As I don’t have big problems with learning (simple) strumming patterns, it’s definitely more of a challenge to transport the right emotions with it. This is definitely something, I have to work on :slightly_smiling_face:.

That’s a good advice. I maybe should be more self-confident with my voice, 'cause at the moment, I don’t feel like my singing should take over the main role (though I know, it is the case at Dylan’s original).

Great! Enjoyed listening and watching video.

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out, @DAVE_J .
I’m glad you enjoyed it :blush:.

Very nice job! Your vocals were solid and your guitar playing was on point! Your embellishments had a very cool effect on the song too. Keep it up :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Travis, for taking the time to listen to my recording. I’m glad you liked it :hugs:.
I’m still experimenting with the embellishments when playing this song. I like this technique so much :smiley:.

really nice vibe and groove :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Vin :hugs:.

I really like this song and play it often myself so was interested to listen to your recording. I enjoyed listening to it, I liked the embellishments and the relaxed feel. I thought the chords were clear too and great you can sing at the same time! Great you shared, Susan

1 Like

Hello @SusanW , thanks so much. Your words are very much appreciated :hugs:. Particularly, as you’re playing this song yourself, your positive feedback means a lot to me :smiley:.

That was great Nicole. Really enjoyed it. How quick you’ve picked it up is testament to all the time you’ve invested playing guitar now, the skills you’ve built, the comfort. I can see it in how you change chords, so natural.

Well done!

1 Like

Oh thanks JK, such a motivating feedback :smiley:.
Thanks a lot :hugs:.

1 Like

Hi Nichole. It sounded good to me. The other day I gave it a quick try to this song but so far it hasn’t entered my queue of songs to learn.

1 Like

Hello Andres, thanks a lot for taking the time to listen and comment on my recording :hugs:.

Oh, I know what you mean. I’ve also a long list of songs I’d like to learn - and it’s getting longer and longer :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Loved that, Nicole. I’d love to hear it through a Focusrite or similar contraption if you ever get the chance.

1 Like