Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Bob Dylan - cover

I thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my song. Your feedback is very much appreciated :hugs:.
Regarding the Focusrite: tbh, I had to google this :see_no_evil:. I’m quite the opposite of an tech freak and had no idea what you meant. Now, I know a bit more :slightly_smiling_face:.
If I got it right, this contraption would help me to get a better balance between guitar and voice. A nice thing, for sure.
Nevertheless, it all sounds a bit overwhelming to me at the moment. Maybe I’m ready for this in the future. For now, I just want to concentrate on playing guitar :innocent:.

Hi Nicole,

I just now noticed you added this song. Ausgezeichnet!!! I think you did amazing here and wouldn’t change a thing.

Jeff

1 Like

Vielen Dank, Jeff @SDKissFan :hugs:! I’m happy that you like my version of this song :blush:.

Hi Nicole, it has been a while since I’ve heard this song. Thanks for reminding me of its existence.
I think you played it very well and made it come across.

If you would like to embellish more, you could try to add some bass runs from one chord to another. I think that would sound lovely.

Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Hello Sebastian, I love that you like my version of this song :blush:. Thanks a lot for your positive and highly motivating feedback :hugs:.

I haven’t come across this technique, yet. (I’m in the middle of grade 2 at the moment.) But it definitely sounds interesting. I would love to embellish a bit more :blush:.

Very nice, Nicole! You do so well!!! You have inspired me to give it a try some day.

I also want to comment on your video. Photography is an interest of mine, (however I need much work on video) so I notice and admire the good ones. Nice, warm light; love the nighttime through the window. Well done!

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
I cannot find a lesson of Justin regarding this that fit with grade 2. But I’ll search for something and let you know.

Not sure how the course is structured now, cause when I started there was 1 beginner book, divided in 10 chapters, and after that you had the intermediate one.
But seeing you change chords, and the fact you’re playing and singing at the same time, shows your commitment.

1 Like

Hello Pamela @pkboo3 and thanks so much for your kind words :hugs:.

That’s great to read :star_struck:. You absolutely should give it a try. It’s so fun to play :blush:.

@Sebastian_Dewulf-Ortega
I’ve now researched a bit. Funnily, I’ve already experimented with bass runs a bit in the past without knowing the term of this technique :slightly_smiling_face:.
If done correctly, it sounds fantastic :star_struck:.
It needs much more practice before I’ll be able to do it right. But I’ll get there :innocent:.
Thanks a lot for mentioning it :hugs:.

1 Like

Sorry I’m months and months late to the party but that was great Nicole. I thought your tempo was very even, loved the embellishments and well sung too! I saw a comment that spoke about bass runs and you asked about lessons, saying you were in level two. I think if you have practised your E minor pentatonic scale from level 2, some of those notes could be well used here, as this song is in the key of G major which is the same as E minor. For example after the C chord you can walk down to the root of the G chord using the B and A notes on your A string. For example when you get to the C and you’re playing two bars of it, count 123412 and then on the 3 play the B note and on the 4 play the A note and then the 1 of the next bar you play the root of the G chord. Or you could add the C before the B as well. Hope that makes sense and is helpful.

1 Like

Hello Greg, thanks so much for taking the time to listen to my song and for commenting :hugs:.
Meanwhile, I’ve started to experiment with bass runs a bit. After reading your suggestions, I’ve also started implementing them to this song. Still work in progress, but sounds interesting :blush:.

1 Like

This was super Nicole. I also missed this one as I didn’t have much time for the guitar or the forum earlier this summer. Glad I discovered this now though. Fabulous playing and vocals!

1 Like

Thanks so much, Eddie, for your kind words :hugs:.

1 Like