MadModMcd - December 2022 - 1st uploads - Van Morrison & Tom Petty

Cover of Van Morrison’s ‘And It Stoned Me’
1st time upload here. Go easy on me folks, all thoughts and criticism welcomed (I think) :laughing:

Another upload - cover of Tom Petty - Free Fallin’

14 Likes

Good job :beers:

3 Likes

Great first upload Ian. Nicely played and good vocals! Nice job!

1 Like

Super first AVoYP Ian. Excellent vocal and solid guitar play, well done. I look forward to more from you in the future.

1 Like

Great first video here! I love that song. Everything was solid about that performance. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Well done, Ian, and congratulations on your first upload.

1 Like

Congrats on a first post, Ian. I really enjoyed the rendition, both your playing and singing. Certainly no need to be anxious about your playing and singing when participating here in AVOYP or Community Open Mics.

How’s the finger-pocking progressing?

1 Like

Aw that was great! Had my foot tapping and humming along, loved it! Top notch first upload. Ian! Keep 'em coming! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Top job allround there Ian! Congratulations on your first upload. Really enjoyed it. Very clean, great rhythm, and great vocals.

Keep em comin mate :+1:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Great job man!

1 Like

Hi David, I seem to have hit a wall with the fingerpicking, probably just need a couple of easy tunes to get me on the road again. Any suggestions?

Congratulations on your first AVOYP Ian.

I thought it was excellent. Really well played and sung. No need for any anxiety about post stuff.

1 Like

Congrats on your first AVOYP…and such an excellent one! I found both strumming and singing great and going along very smoothly. :clap::clap::clap: Now…please share some more, as you sound really good :blush:

1 Like

Ian, my play-grade is not much beyond beginner level, so perhaps not the best to give you feedback and suggestions, but I’ll share what has worked for me.

I have found that uaing a really simple pattern has worked for me viz T M T R with the thumb playing alternate bass notes on the chord. I’ve performed songs like Blowing in the Wind and We Are Going To Be Friends and others. Another that worked out well for me was Mad World using the picking pattern Justin teaches in his song lesson. Those are all pretty simple, not making use of anything too fancy. Keeping the chords and pattern simple helps me to be able to add the vocal.

For something that is beyond me would be Dylan’s Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right. A few people in the Community have performed this one. That’s a maybe one day for me, maybe right for you now?

Thanks for that advice David. I’ll certainly give those a go, much appreciated!

Enjoyed that. Being able to play and sing together is something I’m yet to master.

1 Like

Just go for it mate, what’s the worst that can happen…nothing! :wink: :+1:

That was great Ian. Loved the vocals too. Well done.

Thanks Peter, very kind words. :+1:

Sounded like a winnner to me!!! I am not too familiar with the song, from what i remember, sounded groooooovy!!! Lol Great job!
Rock on Brother! Sociable! Peace out! :v: :fist_left: :sunglasses:

1 Like