Mal - February 2023 - A Simple Twist of Fate (Dylan) + Dixie Chicken (Little Feat) + Willin' To (Little Feat) + 8 Days A Week (Beatles)

Have not posted for awhile, so this is in lieu of the next OM which I will miss. Still struggle with the F Barre, but hey we all learn constantly. Anyway hope you enjoy this rendition of a song that comes from, for me, one of his best albums. A Simple Twist Of (fingers)
All comments and suggestions are welcome

Second recording in Feb: Dixie Chicken

Third recording in Feb: Willin’ To

Forth recording in Feb: 8 Days A Week

19 Likes

Well done Malc, lovely rendition of a fantastic song. I always look forward to your performance on the OM nights👍

I agree … Blood on the Tracks is right up there with the best.
This is a gorgeous song and you’ve done a fine version Mal. :slight_smile:

Hi @Malz ,
I am not familiar with this song, and really glad to have heard this from you.
Beautifully sang.
Well done!
Keep on playing!!!
Rene

Hi Mal,
Beautiful song and wonderfully performed and sung :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
Greetings…

Haha, I see what you did there: You twisted your fingers! That’s fate I guess :rofl:
Good to listen to another one of your offerings, Mal.
Natural performer. Cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

You hit it Brian! The F chord is always a little iffy, and the red button never helps. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Top performance Mal :slight_smile: Some lovely chords in there and some banging vocals. F seemed to be very consistently good, nice! :+1:

Sounds great, Mal, both playing and singing.

Just curious … what are you hearing in the headphones?

Cool! That is something I would have listened from local street musician. And probably better becoz you sing it from your heart :heart:

Thanks David. Headphones are both vox and guitar, why do you ask?

Thanks Ian, I always enjoy the OMs, a pity I will not be here for the upcoming one.

Thanks Richard, I do love that album. :smiley:

Thank you Rene, I am pleased you enjoyed the song.

1 Like

Greetings Rogier in sunny Netherlands and thank you. :grinning: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Mark, thank you. As you know it never feels quite right when performing. :guitar: :guitar: :headphones:

1 Like

Thank you Vincent.

Super stuff Mal. Some lovely chord progressions in that one. Not an easy one to sing I imagine as it’s got some difficult Dylan phrasing but you made a first class job of it.
Well done I really enjoyed your version and I agree BOTT is one his best.

Very nicely played and sung Mal. A very composed performance.

Oh man, I loved it!