Mal - February 2023 - A Simple Twist of Fate (Dylan) + Dixie Chicken (Little Feat) + Willin' To (Little Feat) + 8 Days A Week (Beatles)

That was great, Mal, loved the rhythm and dynamics on this one.

Really enjoyed that Mal. And with your intro and your percussive strumming it definitely suits singer/songwriter style and doesn’t need a band. Harmonies from Lara now, that would be nice :wink:

1 Like

Great Mal :exclamation: Great guitar playing and sinning with style, solid rythm and in tune. Great :exclamation:Your enthousiasm is contagious. Tank you Mal and keep on :crazy_face: :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :champagne: :upside_down_face: :sunglasses: :exclamation:

Thanks David, I was going for a kind of shuffle beat, not sure if it arrived though. :smiley:

Thanks Mari, maybe with Lara on the next one, at least we hope to do the OM after next together. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Luc, I will, as you say keep on :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

It certainly did, Mal, with sweet acenting using mix of clear, muted and percussive strumming.

1 Like

First time commenting on here because it was Dixie Chicken. Well in mate, had me singing along to a crackin rendition of a fantastic song.

That was thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable Mal. Loved how you both sang and played it. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Alan and welcome. I take it you know the album, its a good one. :smiley:

Hi Eddie, you are welcome, pleased you enjoyed the song, thank you.

1 Like

Sadly I don’t know the full album, it will be on my list to seek out and listen to the full thing. I first heard the song on a generic blues compilation cd I bought back in the 90’s and I’ve loved the track ever since.

That was really great! I loved your performance and found that the strumming was perfect for this song (it also sounds like it would go great with a couple of Grateful Dead songs - Aiko, Aiko and Women are Smarter).

The version of this song that I know best is the live version from Waiting for Columbus which includes a huge band. I really enjoy the interplay between instruments on that version, but the song basically becomes a vehicle for improvisation. In your version the basics of the song really shine through. Nicely done!

1 Like

Hi Alan, cannot remember the album name athe mo’ however, you are in for a treat.

1 Like

Yes, I liked that.

Thanks Rob, pleased you enjoyed my version. The intro is taken from the album you mention which is a great album, by a great collection of musicians. I do enjoy both versions though, but the live performance is something else. :grinning: :smiley:

Thank you Scott.

Thanks Mal, all the best bud.

Mal, it was a pleasure to listen. I don’t know the song, but I like it very much. I liked the rhythm, the dynamics and the percussive aspect, and yes, I noticed the shuffle! Good job!

Hi Andrea, pleased you enjoyed my shuffle, thank you. :sunglasses: :smiley:

1 Like