Malzz Penny Whistle original Now with Video AVOYP

This is a song written after hearing an obviously homeless person playing a penny whistle. It made me think and this song is the result.

@Malz Mal, looked like you may have posted prematurely?

they have medicine for that nowadays

2 Likes

Hi David, was it premature because of my name being missed? Thanks

I think the song is homeless Mal, as you forgot the link. Its awol somewhere (A64 ??) , just not in your OP. :rofl:

14 Likes

Thank you Toby, I was not aware of it not being visible as it showed up initially on my feed. Hope you can see it now, and I also understand what David meant. :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Apologies Mal, I ought to have been a little more explicit in my reply. There’s a turn up for the books, me being to concise :rofl:

For some reason you also never posted it in the Originals sub-category, which threw me a little as you usually post in the appropriate place.

Yes I now realise. I have to say this site confuses me quite a lot, but then being dyslexic does have its draw backs.
What does bug me is that the Vid was on the site as I was seeing it. That being the case why was it not visible to anyone else?
Thanks for the input and being so concise, to the point of being inscrutable. :neutral_face: :smiley:

1 Like

Really enjoyed that Mal. Catchy progression with some nice melody being picked out during the strumming. Nice lyrics for an emotive subject. :+1:
:sunglasses:

Thanks Toby, shades of Streets of London, not in the same league by any stretch, but it still bothers me. Enough with the politic! :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:
Pleased you enjoyed it and could eventually see and hear.

1 Like

That was cool, Mal! :sunglasses: :+1: Great lyrics and performance! Thanks for sharing :star_struck:

Thanks Dave, pleased you enjoyed it. :smiley:

1 Like

That was very cool Mal. I really enjoyed it. Bravo!

I’m not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but of the last couple of yours that I’ve listened to there is a fuzz when you’re singing and also sometimes on your guitar as well.

Hi Stefan, thanks, pleased you enjoyed the song.
No one has mentioned the sound. It is still a learning curve for me and sometimes it does not come out as it ought to. I will listen again, I know in a couple of places there is a little distortion, but have not noticed a ‘fuzz’ as you say. :smiley:

Hey Mal, great song. I went to check it out before you posted the video and missed it until now. Feels like a 60s kind of vibe.

Stefan is right about the fuzzy sound when you sing - I think your mic might have input gain set too high and is clipping, or something like that.

Hey JK, hope you enjoy a 60s vibe. Thanks for the input, you could well be correct. I must try it with less gain. I am not a producer as can be heard, what I require is an auto tune for levels, as it does not come out correctly when I try on my own. But then it does I think sound ok for the OMs?? :upside_down_face: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Mal, yeah, your OMs usually come through loud and clear, so not sure why this one didn’t.

The simple yet expressive sound of the whistles can evoke deep emotions and tell stories that words sometimes can’t. Thank you for sharing this touching and thought-provoking piece of music.

Thank you Bridget, pleased you enjoyed the song and thank you for listening. I agree whistles can be enchanting and deeply moving. We were living in Cambridge at the time and the dichotomy of the wealth displayed by the colleges against the level of homeless was and probably still is appalling. :smiley: