March 2023, #3 added on 19th: Tennessee Whiskey; Blues Improv in D; Take It Easy (solo)

They’re a great free resource of backing tracks. You just have to chop the first bit off where he does a play-through! “Elevated Jam Tracks” is another great youtube jam track channel.

1 Like

Great job with the Take it easy solo Shane and your blues improv was super laid back and sounding sweet. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Really excellent playing on both videos! Your playing never ceases to inspire me, keep on posting awesome videos.

Nice improv Shane.

I’m curious what cat status is though. Can’t be as good as dog status :joy:. Better than rat!

Smoooooooth, nice work Shane!

I thought it was something to do with being, one cool cat daddy. :smiley:

1 Like

Indeed piping hot play there Shane playing some cools blues.

I especially some of the variety in attack with the pick, thouse ‘short, stabbed notes’. Also gave you a good opportunity to work the vibrato, which was sounding good.

Lovely slow blues tone dialled in.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Well played Shane, you ‘owned’ this, really in the groove; and one could hear your ‘player personality’ coming through too. :sunglasses:

Take it easy solo sounded great and the Blues improv was super smooth thanks for sharing. It’s great to see how others are coming along and the skills they’ve built - it gives me encouragement :smiley: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

Hey Shane, I caught this the other day and just had another listen now. You are speeding along the learning freeway at a rate of knots. Kudos to you. Those who understand the blooze have given wiser commentary than I ever could, but keep on truckin’ and sharing, mate. Well done! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Two really nice pieces there Shane.

You’re sure making good progress and the “feel” is starting to shine through. Enjoyed the Eagles solo, never thought of doing that one but your example might just tempt me. However, many irons in the fire at the moment.

The D improv was sweet and at times I found myself seeing where you were going next. Not the lick but certainly the landing note. And that’s not a criticism but a nod to you linking those licks melodically, making good use of a number of positions. Some nice call and answer but the spacing was great. Not too long or too short but using different “gaps” at different stages, seemed to glue it all together. And now I feel a noodle coming on, damn !

All good stuff, well done sir !

:sunglasses:

Take it Easy solo is sounding really good, Shane!

That is some fine blues Shane, and played with a very bluesy feel and touch. Pretty impressive for improv! Rather abrupt cut off at the end though lol

Tennessee Whiskey cover…
This song caught my attention about a week ago, and thought I’d learn and record it to get back into singing mode. Haven’t been doing any singing really in recent months, and I’m not really a singer, although I’d like get into it a bit more. Lately, I’ve been immersed in lead playing, blues, improv etc
Funny, I had to do a bit of a refresher on my vocal setup etc, as I’d forgotten some finer details. Will need to also do some more study in order to get mixes sounding better, but this is OK for now.
A few flubs here and there, in the solo etc. Has reaffirmed to me that I need to also get a midi footswitch, so I can change tones on the fly.
Had alot of fun ( mostly) today, getting this one together
Anyway, any comments, feedback welcome.

Cheers, Shane

15 Likes

That was just so good, Shane. And I nearly missed it in the way I am browsing the Community. That would have been my great loss.

Well above my grade to offer any constructive suggestions, the rhythm, lead, and vocal all sounded fabulous.

My usual curiousity … how’d you produce the drums and bass?

Thanks David for the feedback. And thanks for editing the heading. Much tidier, and something I’ll remember for next time. Much appreciated.
Its a cool song to play, 2 chords basically, and you can add different embellishments really everytime you play it.
Re the backing tracks, it depends on the song. With this one, someone had done a good one on youtube, so I just imported into Reaper. This one I left alone, but for some I might add something eg. reverb etc
For other songs, I’ll get a custom BT off Karaoke UK, and assemble what I need from there.
I’ve looked at some Drum, bass etc apps, and creating stuff from scratch in a DAW, but to be honest, its too much hard work. Others can do it better than I, and I’d rather be doing something else creative with the time I’ve got.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hi Shane,
Don`t no exactly what to say, but maybe a little bit of this…
:clap: :clap: :clap: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :boom: :boom: :dizzy: :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :bouquet:
Greetings

1 Like

Frankly said, I’m speechless. Great playing, good timing and a voice which fits the song perfectly. The song choice alone is perfect, but you made a real amazing experience out of it. Not to talk about the solo… great! :+1: :+1: :+1: :star_struck: Happy start into the new day, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Roger. Its a cracking fun song to play. 3 chords and a great rhythm. Lots of scope to add different embellishments.

1 Like