March 2024 AVOYP- 150324 - Couple of Short Blues Etudes;

First AVOYP of the year. (Been a bit slack on production. Not a great year so far to be honest, but the guitar playing continues).
Concentrating on getting some basic, vanilla type Blues techniques, lines, etc down well, as a foundation for further development. These Etudes, which include alot of this stuff, which
I’ve mixed n matched a bit, come from the great Keith Wyatt.
Lots of work still to do in regards to touch, articulation, and keeping tension at bay. But havin alot of fun doin it.
Some minor errors, but it’s a good indication of where I’m at with it all.
As usual, feedback, tips etc welcome.

Cheers, Shane

22 Likes

Some lovely skills there Shane, very solid playing. I’m trying to avoid the key of A these days as my fret wear is disproportionately high around those playing areas!

1 Like

Both are really nice. The 2nd one had a T-Bone Shuffle feel to it, to my ears. Well done.

Now that’s what I’m talking about. I loved it Shane. What a great groove. Nice bends too. :wink:

What made you pick two guitars with humbuckers? Just curious.

Always a pleasure to listen to your recordings, Shane. Great stuff! :clap:

Watching you is always inspiring and in case, I will go down the improv path some day, I will ne coming back to your posts among others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fun exercise Shane. I feel like a kid in grade school thinking how cool the kid a grade or two ahead of me is. One day I’ll grow up to be like him!

[quote=“sclay, post:1, topic:300990”]
Keith Wyatt.
[/quote] Gonna have to look him up!! :face_with_peeking_eye: :rofl:

Great stuff shane!! This is where I am heading at the moment, though still a ways to go.
I have never been a single note line player and really need to focus my attention on this now as I love the blues and want to get fluent in it in at least a couple of keys.

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Jeremy

1 Like

Yeah baby, lovely stuff Shane and quite the contrast between both etudes, very fun to listen to and watch you work.

:rofl: :rofl: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Super stuff Shane. Etudes……wow we’ve gone all fancy here! :joy: Well, whatever you want to call them they sounded great.

You mentioned on one of the other threads that there had been a lack of blues improv on the forum recently. You’re right, things seem to go in phases.

1 Like

Nice! Isn’t it cool having groovy guitars to play? Who are these people that think they can “get along” with one guitar? The tone on both tracks was nice and fat and sounded good. I especially liked the conversational aspects on the second track. Well done sir!

1 Like

You had my foot tapping!

1 Like

Yeah thanks Paul. Much appreciated mate.
Cheers, Shane

Thanks yeah. Yes the great T-Bone influence. Must’ve been all those study hours on Stormy Monday :nerd_face:

Cheers, Shane

Thanks for the listen Stefan. Re the guitars, the humbuckers are all split coil, so there’s a lot of versatility there.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Thanks for listen Lisa. Much appreciated. Lots of fun.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Thanks for listen Michael, and the kind words. Much appreciated.

Cheers, Shane

Thanks for listen Jeremy. Much appreciated. Its a fun journey for sure, with some ‘occasional’ frustration at times. :nerd_face:

Cheers, Shane

Thanks for kind words Mark. Much appreciated.

Cheers, Shane

Sounding really good, Shane, really bluesy. You can certainly hear how your practice is improving your playing!

1 Like

Hey Gordon. Thanks for the listen and kind words. Hope all is well in your world.

Yeah, the ‘etudes’ tag seems to be the phrase bandied about these days. Seems to fit the bill. When I first heard the term, I thought it was some ‘compositised’ half-acronym mongrel term coined by who knows. Turns out its a rather technical music term of French origin. :nerd_face:

Cheers, Shane