Matchmysound - something new and exciting in Grade 4?

@Stuartw did you tune your guitar using the Matchmysound tuner so your at the same pitch?

Hey everyone! Yes, this is a new, fun integration we will be testing to use on the site! It’s a soft launch for now, but we’ll officially announce it very soon!

All lessons with MatchMySound are here: https://www.justinguitar.com/modules/solo-blues-guitar-with-matchmysound

Cheers, and please let us know if you have any feedback. :slight_smile:

Is this a mobile app?

I did and when run it again it tells me that my tuning was 16 cents flat on average, whatever that means. I’m guessing that the tuner is not working! I’ll use my own.

Rob.
Check this post and the ones leading to it.

1 Like

ok cool will do after work!

Just play directly into you computer or mobile device microphone. When you record you have to use headphones so the track does not bleed through and mess with your score

Thanks for this @Richard_close2u ! It’s now clearly visible. I’m already looking forward to use this great addition once I start Grade 4! :blush:

1 Like

@jacksprat @math07

There has been a Resources tab added under the lesson videos with PDF tabs.

3 Likes

Sounds easy doesn’t it :slight_smile: Mind you it probably helps if you can play the tune which I can’t at the moment so going to leave this for the time being. I’ll probably come back to this when at grade 4 and more proficient.

Welcomes to the forums by the way!

Thank you! HA!! I understand. Hopefully their will be more of this in Grades 1,2, and 3.

Indeed!

I’m having trouble with the Tuner and Record functions on the app. I have a Macbook Pro. The Macbook’s mic is enabled and is picking up sound when I strum the guitar. But the tuner isn’t detecting the sound. Nor is the Record function. I’ve given permission to the website to access the mic.

Any clues?

Hey Chris @jacksprat, any luck? I have a MacBook Pro, and was able to use the tuner (Safari browser, acoustic guitar). btw…based on your screen shots it appears you have a MacBook Air. That shouldn’t matter, but the geek in me just wanted to confirm. :nerd_face:

Hi Judi. Well spotted! It is an Air with M2 chip. I recently replaced my old Pro. I’m glad you have it working. At least we know it works with Mac OS. I haven’t tried again since my previous post. Also using Safari. I don’t know what other settings to tweak.

One thing you can change in Safari: Go to Settings > Microphone, and click on Websites at the top. Set microphone access to “Allow” for justinguitar.com. That way you won’t have to give permission each time you use the tuner (or any other features on the site that require microphone access).

1 Like

Thanks Judi. I changed the setting as you suggested. Unfortunately that hasn’t fixed the problem. But at least I won’t have to give the JG website permisssion to access the mic each time now.

1 Like

So it just decided to work for me. I think refreshing the page did it.

I think it’s got a lot of potential. It’s excellent for showing you exactly where you are going wrong.

I’ve learned the first half of the Boom Base With Licks track. I can get a decent score if I play at 60BPM. I could play it a lot faster, but that lick with the pull-off in the 11th bar kills me.

Why is my pitch showing as consistently 18 cents flat? I’ve tuned the guitar using the tuner in the app, but I’m always flat.

If you are curious about it, you may want to investigate, but it’s probably not something major. I would not worry too much about it :blush:

1. Intonation setup. Check the tuning of all the frets of your guitar. You could see that the tuning for some frets is a little flat. That’s the kind of thing that luthier usually fix as part of a setup.
  2. Mic background noise. Software might have some background noise.
  3. Fretting hand position / strength. I noticed on one of my guitar that the tuning can be less good if I position my finger at the middle of the fret instead of at the end or if I press too hard/too little. Again, check with a tuner on some frets if it makes a difference.
1 Like

I got that as well. To be honest I ignored it and used my own tuner.

1 Like