Maybe a smile (original)

Keep on doing what you are doing, you have much to build on here. This is quite an amazing start to writing your own stuff and love the sentiment behind the lyrics. Well done and thanks for sharing.

@NicoleKKB Thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face: Indeed, when I woke up this morning, my first thought was how I could make this go away. Would there be any benefit in deleting this whole thread? I was that embarrassed. What had I actually been thinking?

But of course that as well, would have been the wrong decision. It’s out there and let’s see if in a few months it will maybe start sounding nice.

@Lisa_S Tausend Dank. See above, I was feeling that bad about this. What had I seriously been thinking? Trouble is, I don’t seem to have been thinking at all… :slightly_smiling_face:. I will try being patient for a few months, maybe the song will begin to sound better after that…

@Malz Thank you so so much :slightly_smiling_face: This small thing, writing lyrics, that at least is something, I know that I am good at :sun_with_face:

Thinking about those lyrics, it should be “day” instead of “life”… Something to keep in mind for the next versions, should they ever come to life.

In general, it’s somewhat dangerous writing in a language that’s not my mother tongue. If the meaning got across to you, that makes me unspeakably happy :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Im really glad, you didn’t delete this and you shared this with us! And no, you don’t offend the ears of other people. This first creation of music is full of emotion and dedication:

That’s all what counts. Creativity is an ongoing process and you can be proud of this first version! Writing music that early in your journey is great. I admire the ability to create songs, to be creative with your guitar and voice.
I liked the mood of your song and your voice suits perfectly. A great base to build on and no need to be daubtful. You actually made my morning a bit brighter, even with this first version! Have lots of fun while developing YOUR song. :hibiscus:

3 Likes

@Helen0609 Andrea, I can’t. Is there any way to give you thousands of hearts at the same time? :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

I’m sitting here, shedding a few happy tears.

That’s the idea of these lyrics. Your comment made me so happy. Not an ecstatic happiness, but some kind of happiness felt from deep inside. A slightly melancholic kind of happiness.

I have no words to thank you enough.

1 Like

That makes me happy too! Isn’t that, what music is all about? For me, it’s emotion, emotion, emotion. And good music touches me inside or should make me dance. Thanks to this platform I was able to hear your song, although you live more than 2.000 km away. Isn’t that cool? I like the thought, that here are a lot of people from all over the world conncted via music. We would never had met without this platform and I had never heard your song. Keep your enthousiasm, don’t let anybody steal it!

3 Likes

Yes, you are right. I agree wholeheartedly😘

2 Likes

@JokuMuu @Helen0609
Music hold no boundaries and never should, it’s pure and simple creativity which should never be suppressed! Always remember that :hugs:

4 Likes

Wow Nicole! I really admire the fact that you did an original song after only 6 weeks in… that’s simply amazing :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

And the song is good too…no, it’s not likely you’re going to hate it :grin: …you’ll only make it better as your journey keeps on, but the song itself, a piece of music, it is already there!

Congratulations on all aspects, making it, believing in it and posting! Thanks for sharing it, this is so very inspiring! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Above all things I find it so inspiring that you could find your way to express yourself with just a few skills developed in only a few weeks! This makes me reflect on what music is really about :heart_eyes:

@SILVIA Thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face: Knowing that I could not delete this entry anymore (because I am in fact embarrassed …), since people had already replied - I had wanted to find a big pile of snow to hibernate in there for a few months until at least I would have been forgetting about this foolishness of mine. After these months I would have been coming back to the forum hoping everyone else would have forgotten as well.

Trouble is, this is Finland in June, it’s almost 30 degree C outside and there are no snow piles to be found anymore. Thus, no way for me to go into hiding :slightly_smiling_face:

I am now as red as a tomato, which is only because of the hot temperatures here of course. But maybe that’s what it is really, there is so much that can be created with so little - and that - no matter the quality - is really amazing :earth_americas:

1 Like

Bravo Nicole! That was really good and in such a short time of learning as well. I think it is great when the creative juices start flowing for people.

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: The more time has passed, the more I like the idea of going into hiding. No snow piles anymore, but there should be a cave somewhere, where I could hide away…

Right now, I think that I should - preferably - have kept my creativity to myself :smiley:

:joy: Nicole you’re putting it with such a funny picture! I can well relate to the feeling…you have to know that I used to call myself “rhythmically challenged” and nevertheless, last year I posted on Instagram a series of video of me trying to learn Flamenco Rumba :joy:…olè :dancer::dancer::dancer: …and the videos are still there…

No need to feel embarrassed, you did good and I’m happy you posted it. Don’t be in a hurry with it, just keep on enjoying your learning and it’ll come. Yesterday I forgot to say that I enjoyed especially the spoken part as the feeling shines really through there.

Music is nodding her head in approval of your song and is blinking her eye to you like :wink: because there’s one thing above all that she loves and that is sincerity and being genuine.

Keep on rocking :guitar::notes::blush:

1 Like

But you’re generous and shared it with us :grin::star_struck::blush:

1 Like

@SILVIA Thank you sooo much :heart:

I love the term “rhythmically challenged”, it has such a politically correct flavour to it. Keep on dancing. Olé :dancer::dancer::dancer:

The spoken parts happened since I did not really know what to do with the verses… so I then simply went with the safest bet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Absolutely not, you did good. Sharing is caring and I’m pretty sure that you have received a warm smile back from many folk in this community from all around the world for making their day a little bit more fun.

And that makes it even more better in my books as I don’t think I could ever find the words to write a song in another language let alone get the meaning to come across.

No need to hide away in a cave unless it’s to get some peace and quiet to write another song.

Just keep on following Justin’s lessons and exploring the music within you. I look forward to following your progress.

1 Like

Yes, I did. Thank you all so much :blue_heart::notes::green_heart::notes::heart::notes::yellow_heart::notes::orange_heart:

Fully agree! Turn it into something positive: maybe look out for a rabbit hole, jump in and let your creativity flow!
It was a brave step ahead! You explored something and shared it with us. And we appreciate you did! We all are so infected with the virus to be perect. WHY? It kills so much creativity, as people dare not to do things they want, because they can’t do them perfectly. So keep on!

2 Likes

Absolutely love everything about it.

Congratulations. It made me smile and I was singing along for the final chorus. Brilliant job Nicole. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

I’d be quite proud of that one if I was lucky enough to write it.

Thank you so much for your kind words​:bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

That I got you singing proves that there is “something”, whatever it may be.

Let’s see, what will become of this on a few months.

And once again: Thanks for your wisdom. Every letter is a song.

This is marvellous! So much in there - so much creativity and emotions! love it

1 Like