Merry Christmas, everybody!

This has kind of become my e-Christmas card :smiley:
It was the year I started on guitar and Neil Clemens (@Fourtwo42) and I entered the Christmas song competition. He did a fab job and it still makes me smile…
(Feel free to post your own Christmas song performances here if you like)

17 Likes

Mine from a couple of years ago. Happy Christmas fellow Justineers!

15 Likes

Very good, Gordon :laughing:
I had forgotten that one… and what a nice smile and Christmas greeting at the end :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi Brian,…
That’s funny ,…somewhere around February last year I saw this song and thought I was going to bring this song up just before Christmas ,…and when you said a while back about a topic I brought up said it was the oldest bump i thought (or did i tap?) “just wait”,…

I love the song/video…awesome,…

Happy holliday`s :sunglasses: :santa:, :mrs_claus: ,:angel:(me), :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:, :fire:, :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

To me, it’s not Christmas until I hear this:

6 Likes

Everything I wish for on a Christmas card, :heart_eyes:… Or is there something I’m forgetting? :roll_eyes:
Thank you all for a great year here,…and keeping me of the streets :sunglasses: :clap:

Dear greetings,
Rogier and Hermine

7 Likes

Haha yes. It’s Noddy’s pension fund!

3 Likes

Only real stars allowed (or :angel:at a push) :rofl:

10 Likes

@brianlarsen That was a very truthful, thought provoking and depressing video. Blue, blue Christmas now springs to mind. :stuck_out_tongue: I really enjoyed it though and I thought it very well put together. No comment on the fairy. :joy:

@sairfingers Excellent stuff there Gordon. Made me feel all festive after Brian brought me down. Nice share.

@DarrellW Top tune and I’m currently trying to get that one under my belt for Christmas and Boxing day festivities.

@roger_holland Yeah, where is your good and long suffering lady? I hope she doesn’t read this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to wish you all a very, merry festive period, whatever you believe and do. Have a great time everyone and as Sgt. Esterhaus used to say, let’s be careful out there. :santa:

4 Likes

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:…,… :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
If I could I would print it out :joy:

@SgtColon :hot_face:,…She’s at work,and after my first Christmas wish I thought ‘I can do better’…and instead of those old men posting their old stuff :roll_eyes:… I took the trouble to pull the guitars off the wall and out of their stands off the floor,…trained the cat in record time as if we do this every week, … sent the photo to my girl and let her put the text on it, :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
She will read the text underneath when she gets home … :smiling_face:

Ps: You are terrible Brian,…luckily I didn’t hold my tea :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Excuse my ignorance Rogier. I thought not for one minute the time and effort you may have put in to setting that little scene up. Your tree looks really nice by the way. :smiley:

3 Likes

@roger_holland you’ll never get this picture out of your mind again :joy: :joy: :joy:
@brianlarsen That’s exactly the kind of humor I love :clap:.

3 Likes

Oh dear I must confess I disregarded that old Christmas competition, as I was in my usual Bah Humbug mode. My loss as that was great Brian. Though the winds might have shifted as I recall Gordon’s jovial repass and such warmth. Well done guys and good bumps.

So I thought I’d better go digging around the old forum and find the soundcloud link to this one, seeing as though Darrell brought it up.

A Schlaffenwagen Production with the Kookaburras Crew

Vocals - Maggie, Toby, Bala, Kevin
Electric guitars - Kevin
Acoustic guitar - Kevin
Bass - Endureth
Drums, keys, production - Roman

9 Likes

Hey if you guys can I can wish you a Merry Christmas with past recording too! :grinning: that’s from the old forum’s Xmas competition, happy holidays everyone!

10 Likes

@Helen0609 I envy you, surrounded by sparkling snow covering alpine slopes on a crisp winter’s day :smiley:
However, here in my ‘Tropfsteinhöhle’, I have little to do, but ponder my misery, devising new ways of making folk from low countries feel even lower… :rofl:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Ahh… Where are they now?
Some stalwarts of the old forum who never really made it over the wall to this Brave New World
Cheers for the reminder.
Christmas stars, the lot of ye! :sunglasses:

@adi Yes, I remember this one, on the other hand, while it’s still fresh in your mind, I really think you should record the song you played at Saturday’s open mic. I thought it was great and a pity the sound interfered a little with the savouring.
G’wan, g’wan… post it here :wink:

4 Likes

@roger_holland
That’s some nice guitars under your Christmas tree and an exceptional fairy on top of it.

3 Likes

Just little me, John @Endureth and Maggie @batwoman hanging on. :cry:

Maybe a call to arms @balamuthiahv @RomanS @Cagn where are you guys ??

2 Likes

Stars & angels…
Yessiree, stars & angels…
Move along now folks.
Nothing to see here… :rofl:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
… are we like that unpleasant smell that just lingers? :thinking:

1 Like

No that will be the sprouts ! :leafy_green:

Merry Xmas everyone! Good one @brianlarsen

2 Likes