Merry Christmas, everybody!

Honestly, I couldnā€™t do that after the first video Briana appeared in :joy:

Thanks James @Socio ,ā€¦It would be nice if such a shape appeared in wrapping paper :roll_eyes: :grin:

Edit after @Socio came with a BIG warningā€¦: Iā€™m talking about guitars in paperā€¦not heads in any shape or form of anyone ā€¦,ā€¦,ā€¦,.Brian! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:scream: :sob: :confounded:

When I sent a picture of this with your head up there this afternoon my girl laughed out loud and she tapped backā€¦ you two have really way too much time on your handsā€¦ :roll_eyes:ā€¦ :upside_down_face:ā€¦ :joy:

3 Likes

I must admit I was anxious watching it initially as I didnā€™t want to lose whamageddon this early.

4 Likes

I hope you were referring to the guitars and not the angel ( :roll_eyes:) ā€¦ donā€™t give @brianlarsen any ideasā€¦ you know how his brain works :wink:

2 Likes

Hey thereā€™s a guitar decoration hanging on the tree!!!:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

2 Likes

@brianlarsen

Just for you

2 Likes

Hey Brian. Didnā€™t you feel a prick getting up on top of that tree?

2 Likes

Thanks Brian, if I only wasnā€™t flying out in less than 10 hours I would possibly do it, might need to wait until my return or next Christmas :grinning: in all honesty idea to play it came from Edgar and your words where you encouraged folks to play songs from their culture so kudos to you too :grinning:

1 Like

Brian,
Great to hear from you again and I hope everyone is keeping well. I still check in every once in a while with the chat and Iā€™ve watched a couple of the open mics. To Brian and everyone here Merry Xmas, thankfully with the pandemic now in the rear view mirror!
Neil

3 Likes

@tony Oh, Iā€™m cut to the quick! but you have excellent taste in comix :laughing:

@Socio Youā€™re a sick man, James :laughing:
@sairfingers ditto :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thatā€™ll do.
Iā€™ve got a feeling Iā€™ll still be around.
In fact Iā€™ll probably just bump this thread again to avoid having to ā€˜repostā€™ :rofl:

Always good to reconnect @Fourtwo42. Cheers for the email :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi everybody, hope everybody is fine. Just wanted to say hello to all of you and wish you all a beautiful pre-christmas time and of course ā€œMerry Christmasā€. As I donā€™t have any recordings of christmas songs yet, I send you a tune of somebody, whoā€™s definitely playing and singing better than me :joy:
Greetings to all fellow JG students!

7 Likes

Great song Andrea and another covered here, well in the old house by Roman and the Crew.

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hi Andrea ,
For a christmas song this is one of the few that I like, ā€¦ but I expected a picture with or of you in the alpine snow with cows or something :crossed_fingers:, guitar on a stand in the snow and / or written on it merry christmas in the snow :smiley: (not in a boyish way Brian :face_with_raised_eyebrow:),ā€¦or just put some winter photos in an LL would also be great for me who usually doesnā€™t see the snow,ā€¦ :sunglasses:
All of this, of course, very nicely asked and only if you have the time and feel like it,
Greetings,ā€¦ :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

This one is even better :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Glad i have the guitar in my hands :sunglasses:
Greetings,ā€¦

1 Like

I liked the boy in the video, sitting on Santaā€™s lap, asking for an electrick rock guitar :star_struck: Donā€™t we all hope to get another guitar from Santa or as we say Christkindl?
Almost forgot: great tune of Schlaffenwagen. Whatever Schlaffenwagen means :joy:. Was that a community project?

1 Like

It was only a few years ago that I started paying attention to Christmas songs that went beyond the traditional Christmas carols of my youth. But there are plenty of Christmas songs that ROCK! This may be the best of them all:

5 Likes

Hi Rogier, youā€™ll get some snow pictures. Without cows, as they are in their stables during the winter period, but maybe with my doggie and me. Will take some time, as I should get my work done first. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi John,
A while ago I also (you tube time) started looking beyond the standard youth Christmas songs and I did indeed know this one too, and there are really many more of course that rock musically or pop in a good way without having heard too much :hear_no_evil:ā€¦luckily I havenā€™t listened to music radio for years, which is a 'blessing" especially in this day`s :sweat_smile: ā€¦ ā€¦ .but i have to search a lot better than with the other music I listen to :grin:
Greetings,ā€¦

2 Likes

May you all be blessed with abundant peace, joy, health and propserity :green_heart:

And this Topic is abounding with good laughs and musical memories.

Now like another aging rocker, I too shall hearken back to a past moment and remember this entry into the last Forum Festive season contest. I warn you that there is a lengthy intro chat, well worth skipping, and the play through starts around 5ā€™30", but if embedded correctly play should commence at that point for your viewing convenienceā€¦

9 Likes

Hi David,
You know how to warm up your audience, donā€™t you? :joy:
But i liked the talk and the quiet tones :sunglasses:
Greetings, :santa:

1 Like

Andrea back in the midst of time Roman (it was his old username) did offer an explanation but my memory is hazy so I wonā€™t guess. And yes it was another forum Christmas collaboration, with the same crew as the first post but before I got an invite to jump onboard - I refused to sing in those days !
:sunglasses:

3 Likes