Merry Christmas, everybody!

A couple of folks skiing off-piste here with other folksā€™ music, but hey, off-piste is fun in itself and I shall join in below :smiley:

Nice reminders of old forum Christmases with Romanā€™s gang and @DavidP. (Haha, those were the ā€˜wordy rappinghoodā€™ days, before you and I learned to reign ourselves in :laughing:)

It was the name of his old band, I believe, taken from the German word Schlafwagen (sleeping car) on a train, but they misspelt it. He did chuckle when I told him that schlaff means limp in German :laughing:

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve shared this on the old site, but such a well-executed parody deserves a second outing :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks Roger.

I forget the exact brief, but something must have prompted me to waffle on like that. Though I know I can waffle on, whether speaking on writing :rofl:

2 Likes

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed:ā€¦Just mentioning this is really not possible,ā€¦ You abuse a beautiful Christmas card by manipulating obsane things in it,ā€¦ :roll_eyes:
Okay , it wasnā€™t a song ,ā€¦but I was humming a Christmas carol while putting everything down (Iā€™m practicing jingle bells with justinā€™s embellishmentsā€¦GRRrrr I canā€™t hear it anymore)
:angel:

Sorry for that :see_no_evil:. I didnā€™t remember that you wrote:

Hope you can forgive me :joy:. Maybe Iā€™m a little bit off-piste anywayā€¦but the snow there is much better!
Concerning Schlaffenwagen: Schlafwagen was my first thought, didnā€™t make sense but has some recognition effectā€¦
@roger_holland Canā€™t post the pictures here, because I get a warning from Brian, beeing off-piste :rofl:

1 Like

I like the scattergun effect.
Pics please :laughing:

1 Like

If thereā€™s one thing you donā€™t have to care about (in this case), itā€™s Brian :face_with_raised_eyebrow:ā€¦ He has almost turned the ā€œoff-Pisteā€ into an art :roll_eyes:ā€¦

But a separate Topic with winter wonderland photos would be a nice addition, :sunglasses: :star_struck:ā€¦i think

Almost? :open_mouth:

Stop pushing my buttons!

Okay, all this talk of off-piste, snow pics, inappropriate music etc. forces my hand to share this old family clip which really belongs in the dormant growing up on 8mm thread

Itā€™s one of the last of my mumā€™s movies (Dad was dead the following winter).
I still wonder what kind of a family crams seven people into a small caravan in the alps for a ski holiday and even more strange: The fact that my brothers and I were essentially grown up young men (15-20), still wearing identical outfits chosen by our mum!
Did someone say off-piste? :roll_eyes:
Sighā€¦

2 Likes

I just wanted to be nice and not push it too hard,ā€¦it is a christmas topic,ā€¦ :innocent:

The first sentence, ahhh :cry:
And then,ā€¦
HELLO, are you aware of what you are typing below??? this gives food for a story that DavidP pales in comparison to ,ā€¦but I have to eat now , then bathe and towards the 3 shelves (much better than 6 ),ā€¦

Ps:I never read the proclamation of the 8mm films,ā€¦I miss it a bit,ā€¦
crxx, still ended with sweet words,ā€¦

Edit:

I understand that you see it as art and take my ā€œalmostā€ as an insult,ā€¦but Iā€™m far from sharp at the moment :blush:

1 Like

So, Brian, it took me a while to answer and kick your thread back to the top, but I couldnā€™t leave this uncommented. What a precious document of times long past! Didnā€™t see it entirely yet, because I was busy with skiing and some skitouring this weekend but I will catch up on that soon. Cool skiing video, seems if it was a lot of fun!
I break with my intent not to post this here in your thread, but as I was told to do so:

And @roger_holland asked in such a pleasant way to see some winter pictures with sparkling snow and Christmas greetings,

I decided to jump over my own shadow and to send you a picture from yesterday and a little video from today.

Warm greetings and a wonderful christmas time!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s really good. Iā€™m also impressed with the artwork.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Gordon,

Thanks very much for sharing this one. It looks to be not to difficult to play and something I could master. I havenā€™t played any Christmas songs on guitar yet. Where I live there is no snow or snowmen, doesnā€™t get cold enough. My daughters saw snow one time. There is a city in the mountains not too far away called big bear lake. I donā€™t think my old bones could handle that cold again for more than a day or 2 after all the years in California lol. I did enjoy the winter wonderland years ago living in Germany. The song brings back some great memories.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff

2 Likes

Oooo My goodness,ā€¦Thanks Andrea ,ā€¦ :dizzy: :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :sunglasses:

Bis Bis Bis,ā€¦Although that is actually part of performing music :blush:

I wish you a Fantastic time/season ,ā€¦Greetings,ā€¦

3 Likes

I recorded this one just now as my Christmas card to wish you all in the Community an Happy Holiday Season ! Thanks for being there :blush: Then I saw @DavidP 's soothing, more difficult fingerstyle version of this same Christmas Carol and saw no evil in posting my hummed fingerpicking pattern one :innocent:

8 Likes

What a lovely rendition, Silvia
Nice picking and well ā€˜hummedā€™ :smiley:
It wouldnā€™t have taken much more to actually sing it as half the lyrics are ā€˜tra la la la laā€¦ā€™ :laughing:
Buon Natale :christmas_tree: :santa:

a quick ā€˜Abstecherā€™ off-piste for @Helen0609 (or indeed anyone else who enjoys alpine pursuits and good music :wink:). My wife and kids sliding around on the roof of Europe:

and getting back on-topic :wink:

5 Likes

Hi Brian,
Nice video,ā€¦not actual pictures like Andrea (hint hint):smile:,ā€¦, but beautiful with beautiful mucis :sunglasses:

And actually I had expected the video here of your birth-day :joy:,ā€¦ whiskey and cigars around the maternity bed :speak_no_evil: :see_no_evil:
Greetings,ā€¦

2 Likes

First: Cool video
Second: I knew, that this would happen at some point :see_no_evil:, Life of Brian, heaven forbid! SpaƟvogel :bird: Before we get to the coconuts, I quit and promise only to post resonable stuff next year :joy:!
@roger_holland help please! :joy:

2 Likes

Hi ,ā€¦This photo of The mesias Brian is not the first time :see_no_evil:,ā€¦and there is a video of the birth of OUR brian,ā€¦
And photos films with cocusnuts/beach/sun animals or animals in the sun on a mountain with a coconut bell are also very welcome, but you can post some more snow/ski/mountain photos, etc, ā€¦ no help from this side :innocent: ā€¦ Go Girl :rofl: :joy:

Edit: Or are they going to throw coconuts at Brian a few minutes later after that picture, which I forgot?.. and you donā€™t refer to summer at all and I donā€™t get it very well again? @Helen0609

oh well, at least I laughed a lot this morning and now Iā€™m going to get serious with the guitar :sunglasses: :blush:

1 Like

Hi Rogier, as Brian was referring to the Monty Python classic ā€œLife of Brianā€, I referred to another Monty Python Film ā€œMonty Python and the holy graleā€, which is titled in Germany as ā€œDie Ritter der Kokosnussā€, because a silly group of knights around King Arthur, without horses, simulates hoofbeats by clapping coconutshells. Was just some more nonsense :innocent:

2 Likes

Aaaa,danke schƶn :joy:

2 Likes